Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

Do you think we could be trusted to drive like that??

I don't :hihi:

Do you think we could be trusted to drive like that??

I don't :hihi:

Correct :thumbsup:

It looked like they were trying to create a swimming pool in place of the roundabout, this morning, during the heavy rain.

The whole of the stretch up past Wadsley Bridge WMC was a small river this morning. I hope, after all the work/money put into the new road surface/system they will start to clear the drain holes more regularly!!!

Whilst driving in the U.S. recently we noticed that on approaching roadworks there's a sign with cars merging alternately and a sign underneath that read "like a zip". They were merging 5 lanes into 2 and the traffic didn't stop moving once.

I think that they should start putting those sorts of signs up in the UK in (permanent) places where it is appropriate. In 40+ years of driving I've only ever seen 2 or 3.

From memory, the Highway Code is a bit ambiguous on the subject, as IIRC, it refers to merging in turn in the case of temporary situations, eg roadworks, as here. As a result, many people are not used to the idea.

So more crossing added close to junctions haven't they learned anything from the Brook hill roundabout !!!

There are already two crossings close to Hillsborough roundabout

That video is harder to understand than the technical drawings available on the council planning website.

I don't think it'll help tho, Penistone Road is a mess and tweaking it a little won't help.

Yes, it's always been a mess along there, but I thought the video was fairly well done.

They're still undecided on what to do if the R H turn out of Morrisons is banned, it's either go on towards Regent Court or swing round on Liversey St.

Morrisons would have been better sited down near the dog track.

As a driver of only over a year i find the road works a real disruption . Mornings and around 3pm are really bad with traffic jams and very rude drivers that dont realize that some rd users may be new to disruption like this and may take time in getting into right lane ect dont think twice of shouting and swearing and doing the 2 fingers outta window routine at them. What do other people think of all the road works around Leppings lane ?

Rather than abuse the OP, perhaps read the post correctly and come to the conclusion that it is not the roadworks per se that they are complaining about, but rather the attitude of other road users at the roadworks?

Perhaps a poor choice of opening phrase however. I think most drivers find any roadworks a disruption, I think you mean you find them particularly stressful?

I believe they're turning it into a traffic signal controlled junction. Whether it's going to be an improvement on the roundabout is open to conjecture.

Personally I think it will slow traffic flow down.

It definitely will slow down traffic, and that's the aim, to frustrate people out of their cars.

Another reason for traffic lights is the aspect of control. Roundabouts are a sign of a good free society; to work they rely on individual people behaving sensibly, there has to be an attitude of give and take. They're a communal experience. This is all anathema to the control freak mentality of this council. There is no need for there to be a traffic light controlled junction at that location whatsoever.

Having just watched the video,the right turn into Flora St -which has already been extended- is going to be extended even further to accomodate more right turning traffic.This would be a good idea but won't help as the lights at the top of Flora St (more congested now that Iceland & Aldi have opened) will still remain on red if there is a tram within six miles of the vicinity...

I can't watch that as I need adobe :-(

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 14:09 ----------

That video is harder to understand than the technical drawings available on the council planning website.

I don't think it'll help tho, Penistone Road is a mess and tweaking it a little won't help.

Where is this available to view?thanks

They were online, link in the other thread probably.

Was a few months ago tho, might have been taken down??

So more crossing added close to junctions haven't they learned anything from the Brook hill roundabout !!!

The crossings will be light controlled. It's safe to assume that these will be integrated with the traffic lights. Surely that is a vast improvement to safety, and should be applauded.