Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

Really mad that after all the years the leppings lane roundaout was there and now they have got rid of it . As a driver of only over a year i find the road works a real disruption . Mornings and around 3pm are really bad with traffic jams and very rude drivers that dont realize that some rd users may be new to disruption like this and may take time in getting into right lane ect dont think twice of shouting and swearing and doing the 2 fingers outta window routine at them . What do other people think of all the road works around Leppings lane ?

For't tour innit ! Lot's more to come.

My son is working on these, so please drive carefully through the works. :)

nowt to do with tour to do with new supermarket also just because you have been driving only a year does this mean you don't understand road signs and are you one of these drivers that goes right up to the cones starting before you then get in to the other lane (then wonders whys there queues)

are you one of these drivers that goes right up to the cones starting before you then get in to the other lane (then wonders whys there queues)

That's what your suppose to do, people in the other lane should let the right hand lane drivers filter in which creates less of a queue. Why use just one lane when two are available ?

Edited by byeo

It'll be for the better in the long term.

Regards

Doom

Really mad that after all the years the leppings lane roundaout was there and now they have got rid of it . As a driver of only over a year i find the road works a real disruption . Mornings and around 3pm are really bad with traffic jams and very rude drivers that dont realize that some rd users may be new to disruption like this and may take time in getting into right lane ect dont think twice of shouting and swearing and doing the 2 fingers outta window routine at them . What do other people think of all the road works around Leppings lane ?

Why are you mad that a roundabout has gone?

Also, if you have got a driving license then you should be perfectly capable of driving and handling a few road works, if not then you shouldn't hold a license. If you have been driving for nearly a year then you really should have gained plenty of confidence and living in Sheffield I would have thought your lessons would have involved plenty of roadworks and disruption therefore you should be used to it anyway.

When you say new road users may take time getting into the right lane etc...I understand that when there are cones and road signs all over things can look quite confusing when you first drive into that situation but once you've been to that place and seen the layout and which lanes go where then it's really not a mistake anyone should keep making. If you cause an accident either due to your lack of confidence or hesitation it won't be an excuse in the eyes of the law that you're a new driver.

That's what your suppose to do, people in the other lane should let the right hand lane drivers filter in which creates less of a queue. Why use just one lane when two are available ?

Exactly, really annoying that the English are still so poor at filtering, that good old queuing mentality doesn't help anybody in this sort of situation!

I hope they sort it out for the better, I think they finally started the Penistone Road upgrade that has been talked about for so long, probably got a handy pot of cash of Mr Sainsbury.

.....dont realize that some rd users may be new to disruption like this.....

So no roadworks anywhere if anyone has passed their test in the last 12 months.

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 08:10 ----------

For't tour innit !

One of the great sights on the Tour is when the peloton splits at a roundabout with half going one side and half going the other before they come back together again on the other side.

I hope they sort it out for the better, I think they finally started the Penistone Road upgrade that has been talked about for so long, probably got a handy pot of cash of Mr Sainsbury.

Sad they have to take the trees down from the central reservation bit where the road runs parallel to old Penistone Road. I know they're going to plant new ones after widening the road, but there's always something a bit :sad: about losing healthy mature trees.

I just hope they make a better job of it than they did with the attempt at transplanting mature poplars in the next island reservation along - at least two out of four died and the other two weren't right happy (and then they ripped the whole lot out 2 years later; how much did that little experiment cost?).

What are they going to do?put a new one in or lights or something?

As far as I know it's going to be a crossroads.

The main reason the temporary traffic lights are causing problems is that they are on equal timing, rather than being timed with consideration for the road. The people coming down Halifax Road to the roundabout seem to be given exactly the same amount of time on green as they few people who come from the little road next to Carphone Warehouse. This backs up traffic down to the roundabout.

Also, don't know if anyone knows the answer to this but it says "3 Way Controlled Traffic" on the sign. Where is the third way? As far as I can see there are only the people coming straight down Halifax and those coming across from the Carphone Warehouse road

What are they going to do?put a new one in or lights or something?

I believe they're turning it into a traffic signal controlled junction. Whether it's going to be an improvement on the roundabout is open to conjecture.

Personally I think it will slow traffic flow down.