Grass cutting sheffield

I often think of cutting the verge outside my house but what happens when a car/van/lorry decides to park on the verge and make a complete mess of it? I would go ballistic!

Alot of people put a couple of big rocks on the verge to stop that, painted white to make it obvious.

It'd be a brave driver that attempts to scale some of those badboys.

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 14:16 ----------

The grass outside my home belongs to the Council so I'm sure as hell not going to do the job for them.

It takes all of five minutes to cut you lazy sod, you'll get a much better finish that when the council come and half-arse it anyway.

Like I said, if you can't be bothered to do it yourself then don't complain!!!

Alot of people put a couple of big rocks on the verge to stop that, painted white to make it obvious.

It'd be a brave driver that attempts to scale some of those badboys.

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 14:16 ----------

It takes all of five minutes to cut you lazy sod, you'll get a much better finish that when the council come and half-arse it anyway.

Like I said, if you can't be bothered to do it yourself then don't complain!!!

We aren't allowed to put rocks/stones on the verges. Somebody from the council sends a letter and tells us to remove them......or else!

We aren't allowed to put rocks/stones on the verges. Somebody from the council sends a letter and tells us to remove them......or else!

or else what? Do they send the mob out?

I've seen plenty about :confused::confused::confused:

To be honest the council would have to prove the person living at the house put the rocks there.

Since the land is public highway you can't just order the person living closest to sort out the councils problems.

A simple letter denying all knowledge and reminding them who is responsible for the land is all thats needed, surely??

I've seen plenty about :confused::confused::confused:

To be honest the council would have to prove the person living at the house put the rocks there.

Since the land is public highway you can't just order the person living closest to sort out the councils problems.

A simple letter denying all knowledge and reminding them who is responsible for the land is all thats needed, surely??

This is Sheffield Council we are talking about.......left hand, right hand and all that :suspect:

Thought it was part of Amey's Streets Ahead contract.

No, deffo the parks staff, my son works for them.

Ours cut - usual mess. I try every year to edge, weed and re seed it. Given up this year after 22 years of trying cos I can't put anything up for them not to cut it to allow the grass to get a chance to grow. The mower is out therefor we will leave you a mudbath.

It's a mess. Not mine to maintain but because it's so bad me and my next door neighbour have tried over many years to sort it out. They're oblivious. I'd rather they just gave it to us to look after because of the state they leave it in.