Happy Valley - brill or what?

But wikipedia is often wrong - and often quotes the wrong info.

She's either from the other Chapeltown and wiki is wrong (Sheffield) or she's from our Chapeltown and therefore Wiki is wrong(West Riding).

But surely Chapeltown, Sheffield was in the West Riding of Yorkshire until they were abolished in the early Seventies ? I don't think it would have been North or East Riding.

Sheffield was in the West Riding , Yorkshire was divided into 3 ridings , there wasn't a south riding .

But surely Chapeltown, Sheffield was in the West Riding of Yorkshire until they were abolished in the early Seventies ? I don't think it would have been North or East Riding.

Yep.

Both Chapeltowns would have been in the West Riding.

Ours wasn't part of Sheffield itself, i.e. the city & corporation if I'm not mistaken - part of Ecclesfield, isn't it?

(But I'm willing to be corrected if I'm wrong)

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 18:25 ----------

Sheffield was in the West Riding , Yorkshire was divided into 3 ridings , there wasn't a south riding .

Except in the novels by Winifred Holtby.

(and that was centred on the southern portion of the "real" East Riding, with its main city of "Kingsport")

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 18:25 ----------

Except in the novels by Winifred Holtby.

(and that was centred on the southern portion of the "real" East Riding, with its main city of "Kingsport")

---------- Post added 01-03-2016 at 18:29 ----------

<double post>

You learn something every day!

Well i think its definately our Chapeltown which used to be in the west riding Before the council shuffled things about Chapeltown and high green even had its own telephone code I seem to remember. There used to be a maternity home in Chapeltown so its possible that her parents who were both actors were passing through in rep theatre or something as I m sure soemone would recall a famous actor living nearby. Any other famous people in Chapeltow? only one i can think of is the authour of KES who i think used to live on Cowley lane.

Gearing up for tonight's instalment. I'm loving it. There's so much going on though, I've no idea how they're going to tie up all the strands with only two episodes left to go.

Will the sleazy Sean get done for at least one murder he didn't do?

Is Clare's fella hiding more than he's letting on?

Will Clare stay sober?

What's going on with Anne?

What's Daryl the farmer been up to? What's his mother been up to?

Will Francis come to her senses or will she try and bump Catherine off?

What have the Halifax Mafia got to do with the murders?

Hayley Cropper hasn't had much to do yet, I'd be surprised if her character doesn't play more of a role in the last two parts.

Ooooo, bring it on!

Bloomin 'eck!! :o:o

(Thats all Im saying as people might not have watched it yet!)

Bloomin 'eck!! :o:o

(Thats all Im saying as people might not have watched it yet!)

I thought it was a bit of a lull before the storm.