Happy Valley - brill or what?

Absolutely stunning. As soon as Daryl's mum said "you wouldn't like prison" I knew what was coming. Still, the final shot, and the lack of end-credit music was gob-smacking. The whole episode was brilliant, especially the scenes with Ryan. My heart breaks for him!

I started watching this series half way through so don,t know the whole story but I can't tell what they are saying half the time so proberbly won't watch any more, it's a shame because the cast is good especially the murdering detective

I started watching this series half way through so don,t know the whole story but I can't tell what they are saying half the time so proberbly won't watch any more, it's a shame because the cast is good especially the murdering detective

I agree about sound, most of the time it was impossible to hear what they were mumbling.

I only discovered this series recently and was a bit miffed to discover I'd totally missed the first series. Caught up with it all now courtesy of Amazon (Love Film).

The only thing that's spoiled it is the totally moronic title music by that talentless oik called Jake Bugg. Managed to fast-forward through most of it though and hoping beyond hope that Bugg gets a visit from Tommy Lee Royce in, hopefully, a third series.

The only thing that's spoiled it is the totally moronic title music by that talentless oik called Jake Bugg.

Yeah, that song and the shaky title credits bother me a bit too. :rant:

Was any of this series filmed in sheffield ?

The rd where bad cop lived with nurse wife "haley from coros" looked like a crescent in S12 to me

I think its filmed all round Hebden Bridge, Todmorden and Halifax.

Absolutely loved this series. Quality stuff from good old Aunty.

Best quote of the last episode

"What a sh*t week"

What a totally brilliant series from beginning to end.

Loved it! (including the opening titles and music.)

The last episode in particular was a masterclass in writing and acting. The scene where Kathrine tried to talk John down off the bridge was simply superb. If Sarah Lancashire doesn't get an acting award I shall be sorely disappointed.

But surely Chapeltown, Sheffield was in the West Riding of Yorkshire until they were abolished in the early Seventies ? I don't think it would have been North or East Riding.

You are correct, Sheffield was indeed in the West Riding Of Yorkshire.

There's no South riding. The term comes from the Norse "Thirding", from being divided into three.

I've just finished watching and while on the whole it was really good I found it annoying that the producers feel that the audience needs music to tell them when something's going to happen. I'd much rather watch something like this and hear what the characters are hearing, be it bird song or traffic noise.

That way, any action comes as a surprise, as it does in real life. For instance, your car radio doesn't change to dramatic music with a rising crescendo just before you hit something.