Happy Valley - brill or what?

Loving the new series, Sarah Lancashire is brilliant in it with her down to earth approach and plain speaking. It is the best thing I am watching at the moment. Hope there will be more series to follow.
It has a great script and cast.

I also think Siobhan Finneran who plays Catherine's sister is excellent too. As well as James Norton who plays the the psychopath villain Tommy, you could hardly recognise him as being the same actor who played the hero Russian Prince in the recent drama -War and Peace.

It has a great script and cast.

I also think Siobhan Finneran who plays Catherine's sister is excellent too. As well as James Norton who plays the the psychopath villain Tommy, you could hardly recognise him as being the same actor who played the hero Russian Prince in the recent drama -War and Peace.

I agree. James Norton who plays Tommy Lee Royce is fantastic. He is seriously good too as the vicar in Grantchester.

Loving the new people in this season of Happy Valley, Con O'Neil as Clares love interest and Tommy Lee Royce prision visitor , also a couple of people I enjoyed watching in Scott and Bailey. Great additions to an already strong cast :-)

I agree. James Norton who plays Tommy Lee Royce is fantastic. He is seriously good too as the vicar in Grantchester.
I haven't seen Grantchester, apparently there's a new series starting soon.

So as long as the vicar doesn't sound like, or resemble the skinhead Tommy Lee Royce character too much I will watch it. ;)

But he really is a one of the best character actors I've seen on TV for ages. Perhaps a leading film role in the future?

I haven't seen Grantchester, apparently there's a new series starting soon.

So as long as the vicar doesn't sound like, or resemble the skinhead Tommy Lee Royce character too much I will watch it. ;)

But he really is a one of the best character actors I've seen on TV for ages. Perhaps a leading film role in the future?

He looks and sounds completely different. Convincingly unhinged in Happy Valley, he's quite the opposite in Grantchester, plus he has hair!

Agree with you all. Like most of you I wondered if the second series would be hype but no....loving it. Brilliant performances from all of the actors and actresses. Full of suspense that keeps me hyperventilating from the start!! Love it.

Its been bugging me who the actress who plays Winnie the eastern European lady in Happy valley I found her on IMD and she is one of those actresses who has been in everything but you never remember her name However its states that she is the daughter of the famous actor Donald Pleasance and that she was born in Chapeltown West Riding of Yorkshire in 1941 Wonder if anyone remembers this famous actor living there (famous for playing in the Great Escape)

Perhaps the Chapletown ( West Yorkshire) is the one in Leeds not Sheffield

Perhaps the Chapletown ( West Yorkshire) is the one in Leeds not Sheffield

Unlikely. If it was Leeds, it would probably be listed as such, and isn't Donald himself a Sheffield lad?

PS. Angela.

But our Chapeltown, has never been in the West Riding of Yorkshire.

Its been bugging me who the actress who plays Winnie the eastern European lady in Happy valley I found her on IMD and she is one of those actresses who has been in everything but you never remember her name However its states that she is the daughter of the famous actor Donald Pleasance and that she was born in Chapeltown West Riding of Yorkshire in 1941 Wonder if anyone remembers this famous actor living there (famous for playing in the Great Escape)

Played Blythe the forger

He was fantastic in the Great Escape