The same sex attraction

I find it very 80s that the OP felt he had to change his sig upon creating this thread.

Like most boys in their teens didn't go exploring.

Sexuality is a concept that is open to exploration. As is denial.

Well spotted, I hadn't noticed that.

I find it very 80s that the OP felt he had to change his sig upon creating this thread.

Haha good spot. Didn't have a clue what you was talking about at first. Very clever...I like it!

Anyway back on topic. I find that gay men always seem to look in good shape.

I'm no stranger to moisturizer and looking after my body but it's not a patch on a theirs.

A few folks I know, including family members aren't that open. They think that visiting a gay bar means that your strange and that 2 people of the same sex holding hands or kissing revolting.

I think those people are ignorant and have little understanding. A friend of mine was the same until I took him and our partners to a gay bar. He came out and said it was one of the best nights of his life.

Haha good spot. Didn't have a clue what you was talking about at first. Very clever...I like it!

Anyway back on topic. I find that gay men always seem to look in good shape.

I'm no stranger to moisturizer and looking after my body but it's not a patch on a theirs.

A few folks I know, including family members aren't that open. They think that visiting a gay bar means that your strange and that 2 people of the same sex holding hands or kissing revolting.

I think those people are ignorant and have little understanding. A friend of mine was the same until I took him and our partners to a gay bar. He came out and said it was one of the best nights of his life.

A Freudian slip there; perhaps he enjoyed it a bit too much? ;)

Some straight people I know go to gay pubs as they find it relaxing and the atmosphere not as 'charged'. I find it the opposite - I often feel more comfortble in straight bars.

Edited by Mister M

I don't think that it's as cut and dried as 'I fancy women' or 'I fancy men' (for either gender). I think in a lot of instances it's about individual people falling for other individual people. It just happens that sometimes the person that one may fall in love with is not the gender that one may expect.

This is not from personal experience BTW (I've never found a woman that I fancied) but I've got a few friends who had their opinions changed by falling for someone that they wouldn't expect to fall for.

I don't think that it's as cut and dried as 'I fancy women' or 'I fancy men' (for either gender). I think in a lot of instances it's about individual people falling for other individual people. It just happens that sometimes the person that one may fall in love with is not the gender that one may expect.

This is not from personal experience BTW (I've never found a woman that I fancied) but I've got a few friends who had their opinions changed by falling for someone that they wouldn't expect to fall for.

I know quite a few men who are now gay that have had relationships with the opposite gender when they were younger, but I've never known a guy who knows they're definitely gay to then find they fall in love with a female. The only 2 examples I can think about is from television (Bob and Rose, a comedy featuring Alan Davies & Lesley Sharp; and Marcus & Maria from Coronation Street).

Perhaps this shows my limited experience....I understand the theory of sexuality as a continuum; but in my case and others that I've asked it always seems to have been 'fixed' i.e. always knowing that they were either straight or gay.

Perhaps this shows my limited experience....I understand the theory of sexuality as a continuum; but in my case and others that I've asked it always seems to have been 'fixed' i.e. always knowing that they were either straight or gay.

How many people that partake in anal sex, is this comparable to a man being gay?

Perhaps this is why some are not too bothered about lesbian sex, yet sex between two men is "un-natural".

So how does one change from liking girls to liking the same sex?

Tell tale sign number 1

I visit Gay bars, In fact I love them! I sometimes get chatted up

Tell tale sign number 2

''So when did you come out'' I never really answered his question

Number 3

He came to kiss me on the cheek - at the time and was quite chuffed I could pull men

I see a good looking lad and admit it.

DUDE! We accept you for who you are, now just come out and say it already!

Stephen Fry says he feels sorry for straight men, he says he can walk in Hyde park, any time he fancy's a bit and get it quite easy and free, where a straight man has to wine and dine the woman. Pluss there are test that can be done to see whether they have femail chromosomes i suspect most of them havnt, Allso why does it happen alot in prisons with straight men, And think about this one, why do some straight men put it in the same orifice as gay men do.

I am definitely a lesbian trapped in a mans body!!!

Stephen Fry says he feels sorry for straight men, he says he can walk in Hyde park, any time he fancy's a bit and get it quite easy and free, where a straight man has to wine and dine the woman.

It must be awkward for lesbians with that logic. Or maybe they have a secret world too ;)

It must be awkward for lesbians with that logic. Or maybe they have a secret world too ;)

maybe they prefer bigger things than a man can provide, but i dont want to go to deep into that subject.

I know from an early age after watching Madonna, Sophie B Hawkins and fancying a girl or 4 at my School that I, well, I liked girls.

Some of my 'now Gay male friends' liked them too. So how does one change from liking girls to liking the same sex?

I visit Gay bars, In fact I love them! I sometimes get chatted up and some of them told me their whole life story. One guy I talked to many years ago was married, kids and came out when he was 37/8. Anyway he was 44 when I spoke to him, from South Africa and asked me the question ''So when did you come out'' I never really answered his question and wondered off. He saw me on some stairs and said ''I'm sorry it didn't work out'' He came to kiss me on the cheek and I was, well (Shocked) I went back to my hotel that night and had sex with my girlfriend at the time and was quite chuffed I could pull men, as I would females.

I see a good looking lad and admit it. I look like **** in a bucket when I look through a mirror. I can admit that too lol. I find my bond with other men strong in friendship, I just couldn't find myself attracted to the same sex.

I have no problem with gay men/women and always been ok with my friends who are.

There really isn't a question. It's more of opening up to the world of same sex attraction.

It takes a while to sort out the feelings like "Oh, she's pretty" and "Wow, she's gorgeous". It's normal to think someone is attractive, even if their the same-sex and your straight. However there is a distinct almost indescribably difference between thinking a some is good looking and then being sexual attracted to someone.

---------- Post added 22-05-2014 at 20:57 ----------

Good comment, got to disagree with one point though. Most boys don't go "exploring" most will question their sexuality and but only a few explore.

Edited by Jmack