The mrs wants to try fishing

Well not quite, used to fish manyyears ago at Barlow, dunston and Bradley's still got my tackle. I'm on my honeymoon in the Maldives, me and the mrs went on 2 trips fishing with handlines it was good fun now the mrs wants me to take her course fishing when we get back wondered if you could recommend somewhere decent not to busy as don't know what her casting skills will be like might give her the whip lol, not too bothered about size of fish aslong as we can keep pulling them out don't want here getting bored on the 1st trip and not wanting to do it again cheers in advance

Aston Park (Butts lake) stuffed with Ide and small carp, fish around 4m use maggot or caster you should get plenty of fish.

Little howbrook and newbiggin in north sheffield are ideal for a beginner or novice. They both offer easy fishing with a variety of species.

Another easy water is cow gap at dungworth but pick a nice day as it's a bit exposed.

In south sheffield, the silver fish lake at horseshoe fishery, wales is a fish a chuck albeit mainly small stuff.

I live in South Yorkshire s13 so the closer the better Incase she gets bored

hi digidy once you have been married a few years the last thing you will want is the wife going fishing with you make sure she gets bored after the first trip cheers mick

hi digidy once you have been married a few years the last thing you will want is the wife going fishing with you make sure she gets bored after the first trip cheers mick

Rubbish,we have been going fishing together for over 20 years, if your wife wants to go with you why shouldn't she?

Try Carterhall Fishery, S12 3XD, stuffed with fish and a toilet on site.

Digidy stop it now.

Fishing first then it will be your Baccy, then Sunday at the pub followed by the large tray

of your Yorkshire Puds and lastly she will want half of your shed.

Any of the ponds mentioned would be a good start for the Bride. lol

Digidy stop it now.

Fishing first then it will be your Baccy, then Sunday at the pub followed by the large tray

of your Yorkshire Puds and lastly she will want half of your shed.

Any of the ponds mentioned would be a good start for the Bride. lol

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

took our lass fishing a few years ago , by the time I'd set her up got myself sorted out day was almost over, so I set her a hookless feeder rod up and told her

To watch for the tip to go round :D on the way home she said I never want to go again she was bored

Sorry for crashing your thread Digidy.

I am new to the forum (hence not Sussed out how to start a new thread yet..) and new to Sheffield. I live in the S2 area and would be appreciate it if anyone can inform me where the nearest fishery is and a tackle shop cause i am planning to fish with sweet corn and need 8mm pellets as loose feed..

Canal in town or Aston Ponds - Aston has it's own shop and cafe - most ponds with shops insist that you use their pellets