Just seen a Badger

Just been outside to see which house the burglar alarm going off, and just as i got to the gate, this badger came walking past,did not seem bothered when it saw me,just looked up and of it went,

We had two used to come round most nights about midnight (S11 area) but not seen them in a while. Hoping they've gone somewhere else because filling the holes in they dug was a pain. They weren't bothered by the security light at all - used to sit in dark in kitchen and watch them wrecking my garden. They've obviously got fed up and gone somewhere else now.

If you'd waited, you may well have seen Bodger too !

I see a family of them almost daily, some can be nasty

I was once cycling down Langsett Road at around 4:30 am when I saw a Badger; a guy was observing it and I think feeding it.

Most nights in the road where I live in S7 theres a couple of badgers making the most awfull noises .fighting ..wakes everyone up.

I've been out to investigate and stood within feet of them..they dont seem to bother

Seen one walking down our street about 3am. Not a care in the world.

Edited by I1L2T3

Was he singing something about mash potatoes?

Awww would love to see one in real life, not the dead kind lying by the roadside :)

Seem to have quite a Badger population in Sheffield - I also saw one on Langsett Road, on the grassy patch near the tram stop. Once saw one crossing Leppings Lane near the bridge too. Seen several dead ones on the road when cycling too

I see a family of them almost daily, some can be nasty

Farmer friends in Derbyshire have problems with badgers mainly at lambing time. If an ewe gets on her back she can't get up and a badger will start and EAT her udder and the sheep has to be destroyed. The increase in the badger population is responsible for the drop in hedgehog numbers. They are not the soft cuddly animals some people think.