Missing: small male, old gold tabby cat *home*

Ianto is missing from S8 (off Abbey Lane) since around lunchtime today. He is around 14 years old, neutered & chipped wearing a collar. He is small, but has a liver tumour, so has a pot belly. He's got green eyes and a bit of white under his chin (no teeth.

If you have an allotment on Woodseats off Abbey Lane can you please check your sheds - he is on twice daily medication and always stays close to home and responds to his name.

We're really worried

have you seen peak vets facebook page? they have an elderly ginger guy with them at the moment.

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 22:08 ----------

hmmm that threw me for a moment as we are painting too, but I don't think it is him (but I will call them in the morning just to be sure) and thank you for posting the link

Hopefully this will work - this is Ianto, he's a little thinner since this was taken ..:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152021636087062&set=a.81087452061.88709.733447061&type=1&theater

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 22:30 ----------

I've walked the streets - no dead cats on the road verges. I have my fingers crossed that he is trapped in a shed, but I have a really bad feeling that we won't see him again :'(

have you seen peak vets facebook page? they have an elderly ginger guy with them at the moment.

---------- Post added 19-05-2014 at 22:08 ----------

I was just about to say that they have a older gentleman cat at peak vets with some paint on

I've emailed them and sent them Ianto's photo,will check in the morning.

Also sent a message & photo to Vets4Pets and Abbeymoor practices.

We've registered him on RSPCA lost site and also on a registered lost cat site.

Will call street force in the morning :/

I have a really bad feeling that we won't see him again :'(

I sooo hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. Don't give up hope just yet.

Bless him, I hope you get him back soon.

My elderly boy went missing in similar circumstances not long ago and he was also on daily medication too (nasal tumour), but fortunately he was only missing a couple of days. It turned out he had wandered off further than I thought & lost his way in his confused state. I put posters up on lamp posts around the area and printed off some slips with his description, asking people to kindly check their sheds/out buildings, and posted them through all the letterboxes in my area. It might be worth doing that too in your area and people can keep a lookout for you. I got a call from a lady who had found him in her back garden hiding several streets away, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

Ianto is now back home safe

we found him safe late morning, thanks everyone. We think he was maybe attacked by another cat, or a dog or a fox and it looks like he ran through a neighbours cat flap to escape. The people had no idea he was in the house. He was found in the attic, very scared, collar missing and he has a limp and is a bit nervy, but has had his medication and is home safe xx

Back where he belongs, lovely news :)

Aww, so glad he is back home :)