Ukip. All discussion here please.

On 14/12/2018 at 14:26, Top Cats Hat said:

UKIP are dead.

If Brexit goes down the tube, I'm wondering that if the Tories split, Faridge and the Brextremist wing of the Conservative Party will join forces to form a €urosceptic right of, right of centre party to fill the gap left by UKIP.

If brexit is steamrollered over, as you want, it will feed the move to further right wing parties expanding . A short sighted dangerous path.

2 hours ago, woodview said:

If brexit is steamrollered over, as you want, it will feed the move to further right wing parties expanding . A short sighted dangerous path.

Strange that when I say that Brexit is part of right wing ideology and many aspects of it are fueled by racism and xenophobia I am shot down by Brexit supporters. But when I ask what the 'consequences' of abandoning Brexit would be, I am told it will lead to a rise in the far right.

I am also being told that leave voters aren't a bunch of cranks and racists, just ordinary people and at the same time told that if Brexit doesn't happen these ordinary people will flock to political parties led by cranks and racists.

Get a grip. Look at recent history.

UKIP. Massive support in the last EU elections then they fall apart because of bickering in the leadership.

BNP. Gain a million votes in 2010 and two MEPs, then fall apart because of bickering over money in the leadership.

The far right are a joke in the UK and always have been! And you are insulting the vast majority of ordinary leave supporters by suggesting that they will flock to that bunch of clowns.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Strange that when I say that Brexit is part of right wing ideology and many aspects of it are fueled by racism and xenophobia I am shot down by Brexit supporters. But when I ask what the 'consequences' of abandoning Brexit would be, I am told it will lead to a rise in the far right.

I am also being told that leave voters aren't a bunch of cranks and racists, just ordinary people and at the same time told that if Brexit doesn't happen these ordinary people will flock to political parties led by cranks and racists.

Get a grip. Look at recent history.

UKIP. Massive support in the last EU elections then they fall apart because of bickering in the leadership.

BNP. Gain a million votes in 2010 and two MEPs, then fall apart because of bickering over money in the leadership.

The far right are a joke in the UK and always have been! And you are insulting the vast majority of ordinary leave supporters by suggesting that they will flock to that bunch of clowns.

I never said they would flock to them at all. Strawman tactics all too obvious 

What I said is if you got your way and brexit was blocked or ignored, it would give right wing parties a boost, as they would use the 'mainstream parties ignore you'  line.

You carry on in Dreamland if you want, but disaffection with mainstream parties is a big problem, if you want to fuel it, that's your business.

Gammon in chief  The UKIP leader has formally written to the Queen asking her to suspend Parliament so that MPs cannot thwart Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/31/ukip-leader-gerard-batten-asks-queen-to-suspend-parliament-to-thwart-remain-mps

I wonder if the dim witted Tommy Robinson suggested it to him. Sounds like the sort of swivel eyed right wing nuttery he'd come out with.

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Gammon in chief  The UKIP leader has formally written to the Queen asking her to suspend Parliament so that MPs cannot thwart Brexit

Wouldn't it be easier to get one of their MPs to put a motion along those lines to Parlament?

19 minutes ago, melthebell said:

UKIP, the true party of rape

Well played , tar everyone with the same brush , why don't you

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Well played , tar everyone with the same brush , why don't you

just a play on "their" words ;)

Please don't use rape as a  stick to beat someone with

I wouldn't even beat you.