Ukip. All discussion here please.

Farage has just said a recent poll states 6,000,000 would vote UKIP if there was a GE tomorrow. That is real growth in popularity.

ah yes but the poll was based on the voices he hears in his head.

---------- Post added 01-05-2016 at 12:18 ----------

So can I, especially if we vote to stay in the EU.

so they are going to ignore the democratically expressed wish of a majority of the voting population?

---------- Post added 01-05-2016 at 12:18 ----------

so they are going to ignore the democratically expressed wish of a majority of the voting population?

Just like the SNP did, and every other political party does after they loose an election, they will keep campaigning for the policies they want.

:hihi: Almost spat my coffee out! :thumbsup:

Farage has just said a recent poll states 6,000,000 would vote UKIP if there was a GE tomorrow. That is real growth in popularity.

Or a real reduction in his medication.

Independent opinion polls show UKIP support at or about 20%.

Source? http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/ says only one YouGov poll has UKIP at that figure with an unusually low Tory vote. The others have UKIP a few points lower.

Guest sibon

So, how do we all rate UKIP's chances at the General Election?

Will Paul Nuttall come out of that room in time to stand for election?

I am a UKIP member but unfortunately at the moment I think they have no chance in the GE. Will vote for them in local elections but in the GE for the first time ever I am voting Tory.

UKIP have no politicians of note, Farage has done his job and it's one bad story after another about them at the moment. To compound the problem they are led by a scouser, I dislike scousers intensely.

I cannot stand Corbyn and his Islington mafia, Abbot is a detestable racist,she hates white people, they do not have a clue. Corbyn makes a statement and " the party " run round after undoing his damage and saying what Labour policy really is. They could not organise a <removed> up in a brewery. We are approaching 2 trillion in debt and their answer is to borrow another half a trillion.

They are stating they will give in to the EU on residents rights without guaranteeing UK rights abroad, they think the EU are as stupid as them. The EU will say thank you and then shaft us using our UK citizens as a bargaining chip.

Only one I trust to any degree at the moment is PM May, will give her a chance, if they mess up will get to vote again in 5 years.

To sum it up UKIP in disarray, Labour led by a buffoon and fighting among themselves, Liberals are led by tree hugging quislings who do not believe in democracy and want us to keep voting until we get the right result, Greens are just a protest vote so the only option is Tory. Seeing as I have only seen my MP , Angela Smith. once at the opening of Fox Valley when she buggered off after eating the free food, my local park still has no swings or slide which it was like when I moved here with my 2 year old son who is now 17 , the tories cannot be any worse as far as I am concerned so nothing to lose but all to gain in Brexit.

Guest sibon
my local park still has no swings or slide which it was like when I moved here with my 2 year old son who is now 17 , the tories cannot be any worse as far as I am concerned so nothing to lose but all to gain in Brexit.

Half of those 15 years have been under Tory Governments. Why do you think that Theresa May will build you some swings and a slide, when David Cameron couldn't be bothered to?

Correct but all of those years were under labour or liberal local council, funny how they can always find money/ grants for parks in areas where so called deprived ethnic populations live, you know the places where they all drive mercs bmws etc.

Yeah I know you will say I am racist, xenophobic whatever but what can,t speak can,t lie. GEt in your car and go see the park on abbeydale road or Aslyne Road, see how nice they are with all the latest equipment. Like I say voting Tory will not affect my life at the moment, may do in later years but I will worry about that when I have to.

If I was on benefits I would vote labour but as a working man the tories will always put more of the money I earn in my pocket.

According to the office for budget responsibility, which is impartial, the NHS, school budget, defence are receiving record amounts of money. The NHS choose to spend it on boob jobs, gastric bands etc and pay stupid money for equipment which could be negotiated right down but obviously somebody gets a back handler to pay high prices. Anyway you asked about UKIP initially and I replied giving my reasons for who I was going to vote for and why I was not voting for the others.

Correct but all of those years were under labour or liberal local council, funny how they can always find money/ grants for parks in areas where so called deprived ethnic populations live, you know the places where they all drive mercs bmws etc.

Yeah I know you will say I am racist, xenophobic whatever but what can,t speak can,t lie. GEt in your car and go see the park on abbeydale road or Aslyne Road, see how nice they are with all the latest equipment. Like I say voting Tory will not affect my life at the moment, may do in later years but I will worry about that when I have to.

Even the most basic analysis will demonstrate that you are asserting drivel.

Nice little park on Aslyne Road, now just go a little further along Abbeydale Road until you get to Millhouses Park.

Contrast the sizes, then the maintenance costs, then the demographics.

Or just look at where the biggest investment in parks, sports and leisure has been made in the SCC budget over the last 12 months.

Yes, it's Woodseats, not known for the size of its BME community.

Why don't you do a little research before you post and then you wouldn't look a fool?

The Tories are laughing their socks off. There's about a million and a half 2015 UKIP votes going begging, and almost none of them are going to move into the Labour column many of those 2015 UKIP votes came from. The Tories are thinking UKIP were brilliant. They were like this Stepping Stone previously Labour voters used to switch to Tory.

Localman you may well be right. Money invested in posh areas basically ( wonder where nick clegg and Sheffield council leader lives) is what you are saying along with areas I have mentioned. Unfortunately does not help me as I live the other side of town where we get NOWT other than a sports hall run by places for people that is so expensive that its out of reach of a lot round here. Parks have bugger all in them.

Blake you are also correct, I voted ukip and will do so in the local elections but Tory in the GE. Cannot abide the Liberals and Labour are a dying party so Tory it is. It may not make much difference this time but if the boundary changes push us with northern side of penistone then next time we could well have a Tory MP.