Ukip. All discussion here please.

UKIP told us that they were different to the other parties..........why did they lie?

What are you on about ?

What are you on about ?

It's pretty self explanatory...........If UKIP are different to other parties,why are they arguing publicly like other parties?............they've managed to have a back bench rebellion with 1 MP.

And what about me ?!?!?!

I take full credit for the kippers only winning a single seat this time round

:mad:

You can't take the full credit. Going by the council vs general election results, UKIP would have had a second MP in South Thanet if someone other than Nigel had been standing there. So you'll have to give him some of the credit.

I see there is now controversy between Jim Murphy the resigned leader of the Scottish Labour Party about the involvement of the Unite union leader Len McClusky with the Labour party.

I presume all parties have some of their dirty washing aired in public post election not only UKIP.

indeed they prolly do but a thread about ukip is prolly not the best place to discuss the others?

Perhaps? Back in UKIP Squabble Land Carswell has called on Farage to resign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32761766

I don't understand why you try to spin it like that. It clearly says he should take a break. He should he hasn't had a holiday for decades... This could mean he just needs a break and then come back more refreshed...

Is this thread still relevant?

There are several UKIPthreads out there at the moment.

Should they all be in here? Or should this be closed?

You can't take the full credit. Going by the council vs general election results, UKIP would have had a second MP in South Thanet if someone other than Nigel had been standing there. So you'll have to give him some of the credit.

Is it this Thanet?

Ukip Thanet council leader Chris Wells failed to pay tax to his own local authority

The council was granted a liability order by a magistrates’ court to recover the arrears and its costs, which together amounted to £2,679.10. Cllr Wells eventually settled the debt in full in November, before the council set its budget for 2016-17. The former Conservative defected to Ukip in October 2014.

At the time, the local Conservative association said it was disappointed as it had helped Cllr Wells through a period of personal financial difficulty. It did not say what those difficulties were.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/ukip-council-leader-failed-to-94889/

Is it this Thanet?

Ukip Thanet council leader Chris Wells failed to pay tax to his own local authority

The council was granted a liability order by a magistrates’ court to recover the arrears and its costs, which together amounted to £2,679.10. Cllr Wells eventually settled the debt in full in November, before the council set its budget for 2016-17. The former Conservative defected to Ukip in October 2014.

At the time, the local Conservative association said it was disappointed as it had helped Cllr Wells through a period of personal financial difficulty. It did not say what those difficulties were.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/ukip-council-leader-failed-to-94889/

Or this Thanet,

Speaking on behalf of South Thanet Ukip Cllr Wells said: "I am delighted that the Electoral Commission has decided to ask the CPS and the police to take the neutral step of applying for a time extension regarding potential electoral offences relating to the General Election of 2015.

"Only recently I wrote to the Chief Constable of Kent asking that Kent Police do exactly that. They replied that if the Electoral Commission investigation found evidence of criminality they would consider their position.

"Recent revelations from the Conservative Party regarding overspending of £380,000 must make all who believe in democracy concerned about these dubious arrangements.

Read more: http://www.thanetgazette.co.uk/Electoral-watchdog-asks-time-investigate-Tory/story-29194742-detail/story.html#ixzz47CLZ9q00

Follow us: @ThanetGazette on Twitter | thanetgroup on Facebook

Much has been said about UKIP not having a cause after the referendum. I can only see them growing. The three main parties are in disarray. The Greens are also finished with many of their followers dragging their beards and sandals to Corbyn.

Much has been said about UKIP not having a cause after the referendum. I can only see them growing. The three main parties are in disarray. The Greens are also finished with many of their followers dragging their beards and sandals to Corbyn.

So can I, especially if we vote to stay in the EU.

So can I, especially if we vote to stay in the EU.

Farage has just said a recent poll states 6,000,000 would vote UKIP if there was a GE tomorrow. That is real growth in popularity.