Ukip. All discussion here please.

So, please, tell me what will happen to the Polish plumber in Rochester, will he be able to stay or will he go?

If it was me deciding, and it is only my personal opinion, I would give them a 12 months work permit, and after that go.

:)

If it was me deciding, and it is only my personal opinion, I would give them a 12 months work permit, and after that go.

I think it would be wrong to implement anything retrospectively... any new measures should apply to new migrants only.

How do you expect the young here to apply for any jobs when they arnt advertised on these shores?

"As expected the government plans to proceed with the new regulation to ensure that employment agencies and businesses should have to advertise jobs locally if they also intend to advertise for foreign workers to work in UK jobs.

The new requirement, which the government hopes to bring into force by the end of this year, will prohibit agencies from advertising UK jobs in the European Economic Area unless the jobs are also advertised in English in Great Britain (GB) at the same time, or if the job has already been advertised in GB for at least 28 days beforehand.

http://www.lawspeed.com/News/Response_to_consultation_on_advertising_jobs_abroad_is_announced.aspx

Four weeks to go and it hasn't happened yet! Another Cameron lie???

:):)

You'd get rid of all immigrants?

I think it would be wrong to implement anything retrospectively... any new measures should apply to new migrants only.

Fair enough Ellco - that's another opinion which I also wouldn't disagree with. I did say it was only MY opinion and have no doubt there will be others, but at least let's have a discussion. A sensible one I mean!

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 12:02 ----------

You'd get rid of all immigrants?

If we left the EU they would not have the "freedom of movement" they are at present entitled to. As far as "immigrants" go, catch all the illegal ones and deport them, give EU workers a twelve month work permit (maybe renewable) but then have to repatriate.

As I said - MY personal opinion.

If we left the EU they would not have the "freedom of movement" they are at present entitled to. As far as "immigrants" go, catch all the illegal ones and deport them, give EU workers a twelve month work permit (maybe renewable) but then have to repatriate.

Of course I'm aware that you're only speaking for yourself. What about immigrants with British partners?

Of course I'm aware that you're only speaking for yourself. What about immigrants with British partners?

You could tell them the weathers nicer in Poland :)

You could tell them the weathers nicer in Poland :)

Would Farage appreciate that sort of advice?

Would Farage appreciate that sort of advice?

i doubt it but im sure he would treat it with the humour it was intended.

The Labour Party have several ex BNP elected councillors who defected to Labour and are representing the party on local councils.

Could you name them?

Fair enough Ellco - that's another opinion which I also wouldn't disagree with. I did say it was only MY opinion and have no doubt there will be others, but at least let's have a discussion. A sensible one I mean!

---------- Post added 28-11-2014 at 12:02 ----------

Since when has Africa and Asia been in the EU? It doesn't stop their free movement within the Europe

What about immigrants with British partners?
I don't expect Frederick1 or Xt500 would lose any sleep over Mr Farage's expulsion from the UK when his Mrs' 12 months permit expires...Right, lads? :)

How deliciously ironic that will be, in a 'live by the sword, die by the sword' karmic kind of way :D

Edited by L00b