Ukip. All discussion here please.

Countries like those in Africa which have the richest natural deposits upon which the West preys?

Africa which the west has poured in so much aid over the years they should all be wealthy?

Hang on a minute, I thought you'd never heard of that one before?

:huh:

:huh:

You thought I had never heard of what before?

I don't think he's up to going abroad, it's full of foreigners. How would he cope?

I can go to the city centre for that without travelling abroad.

I'm sure that both are made worse by increasing the population, so tackling immigration would surely stop a bad situation getting even worse.

The population is increasing regardless, a few extra people from the EU will make next to no difference to our requirements for increased energy production and access to transport infrastructure in the coming decades - stuff which should have been sorted years ago, but pandering to populism keeps delaying it.

Just look at Heathrow. Everybody over the last 15 years has agreed it needs an additional runway (at least). But we keep having to do new studies to confirm those findings for no other reason than it may upset a few constituents to actually give it the go ahead. I note that UKIP proudly state they will not authorise a third runway, despite all the economic and social benefits the runway would bring to the country.

I can go to the city centre for that without travelling abroad.

Just imagine how you'd feel if you went abroad, all those foreigners!

So you wouldn't have an issue with letting 20 million freeloaders into the country as long as there are enough hardworking immigrants to ensure that there is a positive net contribution to the economy.

Now who's scaremongering?

Just imagine how you'd feel if you went abroad, all those foreigners!

If I had a need to go abroad I'd be the foreigner, your point is?

Africa which the west has poured in so much aid over the years they should all be wealthy?

The amount in aid pales into insignificance compared with the amount we have taken out.

The population is increasing regardless, a few extra people from the EU will make next to no difference to our requirements for increased energy production and access to transport infrastructure in the coming decades - stuff which should have been sorted years ago, but pandering to populism keeps delaying it.

Just look at Heathrow. Everybody over the last 15 years has agreed it needs an additional runway (at least). But we keep having to do new studies to confirm those findings for no other reason than it may upset a few constituents to actually give it the go ahead. I note that UKIP proudly state they will not authorise a third runway, despite all the economic and social benefits the runway would bring to the country.

250,000 extra people every year plus any future offspring will make a huge difference, to our energy needs, transport needs, and every other service and resource we need.

250,000 extra people every year plus any future offspring will make a huge difference, to our energy needs, transport needs, and every other service and resource we need.

So why are the UK government inviting immigrants into the UK to save their NHS,then complaining about the UK infrastucture not being able to cope?............if you need immigrants and invite them to come and work in Government jobs,you have a duty to make sure that the infrastructure is able to take them..............instead,they blame them for coming and putting pressure on it,when in fact it deflects from the main reason that the government is underfunding infrastucture and willing to blame immigrants for it.

So you wouldn't have an issue with letting 20 million freeloaders into the country as long as there are enough hardworking immigrants to ensure that there is a positive net contribution to the economy.

Where did you get 20 million from?

I never said that the current situation with immigration is ideal and doesn't need a dressing at some point. It's just no where near as pressing a matter as many other things. It's a very small proportion that come to the uk and go straight on benefits.

Even if there was 250k more people a year (there hasn't since 2010), that's less than 0.5% of the country's population, and less than half of the annual population growth. We're still going to need more electricity, more roads, more train lines, more schools, more hospitals even if you didn't let a single immigrant into the country.