Ukip. All discussion here please.

Why not?

Are you being serious, the largest employer in the UK is the NHS, how on earth is it going to relocate outside the UK.

What exactly is YOUR interpretation of xenophobia?

Why are you accusing someone of being xenophobic?

and of course..

What makes you think you have the right to do so?

or is it another one of ;

I don't know how to respond to this person they have outsmarted me so I'll try to insult them and with a big word so people will think I'm well informed.

I think this will sum everything up for you quite nicely,because it addresses a lot of the things that we hear on this thread from Xenophobes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11279637/Boris-Johnson-Nigel-Farages-decision-to-blame-M4-traffic-on-immigration-is-like-effluent-and-sewage.html

QUOTE:

The London Mayor said the UK Independence Party leader's "feeble" attempt to link his tardiness at a recent event with the number of foreigners in Britain was "one of the poorest" excuses he had ever heard from a politician.

He said xenophobia was a "natural concomitant of the human condition" that came from a suspicion of "the Other" and which must be dealt with in a systematic way rather than "freaking out about traffic jams".

It comes after Mr Farage said Britain's "open-door immigration" partly explained why he was late to a £25-a-head reception in Wales after getting stuck in traffic on the M4.

Appearing on LBC Radio, Mr Johnson was asked by a listener what he made of Mr Farage's recent comments making the link.

"Yeah, I heard this. Xenophobia is like sewage, it’s a natural concomitant of the human condition," Mr Johnson said.

"We’ve got to manage it, we’ve got to dispose of it. It’s like effluent, it’s something that human beings naturally produce.

Pushed on the comments by the show's host Nick Ferrari, Mr Johnson said that immigration had been "massively" beneficial for London and the country but xenophobia reflected a wider fear of Otherness.

"It’s part of the way human beings are. I think there’s a natural sort of tendency to be alarmed about the Other, the alien," he said.

"My view about the whole immigration is very, very clear. London has benefited massively from immigration; the country benefits massively from immigration.

Now go and ask Boris Johnson what right he's got to call someone Xenophobic.

Edited by chalga

Are you being serious, the largest employer in the UK is the NHS, how on earth is it going to relocate outside the UK.

Well once nobody has any productive jobs because they've all gone to the continent, our requirement for the NHS will drop dramatically. And that's if it doesn't get sold off and becomes unaffordable in the meantime.

Same as me then.

It was a. Great place to grow up but not the same nowadays spent most of my youth at page hall another place ruined by the influx of eastern European migrants we all got on regardless of our colour !good old days

Well once nobody has any productive jobs because they've all gone to the continent, our requirement for the NHS will drop dramatically. And that's if it doesn't get sold off and becomes unaffordable in the meantime.

Most couldn't and wouldn't go to the continent and any void created by any that do will soon be filled. Its a scaremongering tactic to suggest that all employers would or even could move, they can't and wouldn't, some might but only a minority.

Most couldn't and wouldn't go to the continent and any void created by any that do will soon be filled. Its a scaremongering tactic to suggest that all employers would or even could move, they can't and wouldn't, some might but only a minority.

Companies will move and close down if rules are enacted that make it harder to do business in the UK than elsewhere.

If you want to create a world where things are horrible to immigrants, horrible to employers but great for employees, it's not scaremongering to suggest that the employers will go elsewhere, it's simple fact. Employers and employees have a symbiotic relationship, if either group feels sufficiently annoyed about standards / rules / benefits, then they both struggle.

It has happened already according to the daily fail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628355/NHS-jobs-outsourced-INDIA-controversial-plans-considered-health-service-chiefs-unions-claim.html

And more

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/health/fears-nhs-jobs---patient-6750169

One more of many

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/international-arms-firm-lockheed-martin-in-the-frame-for-1bn-nhs-contract-9871247.html

Just think out of the box, you can move the jobs easily in the days of the high speed networks.

Edited by Blackbeard

Apparently UKIP have suspended Roger Bird (their Chairperson) for "impropriety".
Alleged sexual harassment of Natasha Bolter, as it turns out. Way to go, UKrIP ;)

Joke aside, fair's fair, got to commend the prompt action. Now waiting to see the outcome, though.

Alleged sexual harassment of Natasha Bolter, as it turns out. Way to go, UKrIP ;)

Joke aside, fair's fair, got to commend the prompt action. Now waiting to see the outcome, though.

Bolter is an Oxford PPE graduate that UKIP gave a high profile to a very short time after she abandoned Labour. It seems strange that UKIP would so easily and so publicly take on an Oxford PPE while slagging off the other parties for being run by Oxford PPEs.

Some are questioning that she complained about sexual harassment so soon after joining, as though she left Labour to create a stink in UKIP. However Bird has admitted to a relationship with her although she denied it. It all sounds strange.

Companies will move and close down if rules are enacted that make it harder to do business in the UK than elsewhere.

If you want to create a world where things are horrible to immigrants, horrible to employers but great for employees, it's not scaremongering to suggest that the employers will go elsewhere, it's simple fact. Employers and employees have a symbiotic relationship, if either group feels sufficiently annoyed about standards / rules / benefits, then they both struggle.

Its scaremongering to suggest that they will all go when its very clear that the majority can't.

---------- Post added 09-12-2014 at 12:18 ----------

Both could easily be blocked by the government.

Its scaremongering to suggest that they will all go when its very clear that the majority can't.
But claiming that 29 millions Bulgarians and Romanians would be coming over on 1st January 2014, when it was very clear that the majority wouldn't, was not scaremongering?

Holy thread surprise Batman, I see double standards!

But claiming that 29 millions Bulgarians and Romanians would be coming over on 1st January 2014, when it was very clear that the majority wouldn't, was not scaremongering?

Holy thread surprise Batman, I see double standards!

I didn't claim that 29 millions Bulgarians and Romanians would be coming over on 1st January 2014 and I don't know anyone that did make that claim.