Ukip. All discussion here please.

One thing evident throughout this thread is how UKIP's standing has risen.

At first we were racists, homophobes and fruit cakes. Then there were the hilighting of our more eccentric doners.

Now that UKIP's ideas about immigration have been accepted as right. They must be or the other parties wouldn't copy them, the attacks have changed.

Now its about we don't have that much support, the irony.

Blokes used to do that to their hair back in the 80's.

One thing evident throughout this thread is how UKIP's standing has risen.

At first we were racists, homophobes and fruit cakes. Then there were the hilighting of our more eccentric doners.

Were? A very good number of your representatives and supporters still very much are.

Now that UKIP's ideas about immigration have been accepted as right. They must be or the other parties wouldn't copy them, the attacks have changed.

None of the other parties have adopted UKIP's immigration ideas.

Now its about we don't have that much support, the irony.

You don't though compared to the other parties.

Sometimes I think you lot live in your own little world... :suspect::hihi:

Blokes used to do that to their hair back in the 80's.

Its irritating when someone keeps trying to be funny, but fails every time :hihi:

---------- Post added 25-11-2014 at 19:20 ----------

Were? A very good number of your representatives and supporters still very much are.

None of the other parties have adopted UKIP's immigration ideas.

You don't though compared to the other parties.

Sometimes I think you lot live in your own little world... :suspect::hihi:

UKIP have already won in so many ways. Even if we don't win a single seat we have improved the country. Imagine a Labour Party championing someone who flies a St George flag (the Crusade emblem to some) a few years ago. I doubt it.

We have influenced policies of the Liebour and Conmerchants parties.

Imagine a Labour Party championing someone who flies a St George flag (the Crusade emblem to some) a few years ago. I doubt it.

That's nothing to do with UKIP, that's just traditional big party "oh bother, we put out the wrong message" type u-turning that UKIP is just as guilty of doing.

Just remember the reactions to the pasty-tax where there wasn't a greggs in the land that didn't have a politician stood outside trying to tell everyone how much he loves a sausage roll.

That said, it's only really in the minds of the ex-BNP UKIP supporters that the political parties think flying a British flag is a bad thing. Do we really need them to champion anyone for flying a national flag - it's not exactly an uncommon or unusual thing for someone to do.

That's nothing to do with UKIP, that's just traditional big party "oh bother, we put out the wrong message" type u-turning that UKIP is just as guilty of doing.

Just remember the reactions to the pasty-tax where there wasn't a greggs in the land that didn't have a politician stood outside trying to tell everyone how much he loves a sausage roll.

That said, it's only really in the minds of the ex-BNP UKIP supporters that the political parties think flying a British flag is a bad thing. Do we really need them to champion anyone for flying a national flag - it's not exactly an uncommon or unusual thing for someone to do.

At least we've moved on from the fake outrage stories that used to claim that the police, or some other official, told them it was illegal to fly the St Georges Cross.

And that's as truthful as your previous statements that we don't currently have a seat at the WTO.

Besides, I thought UKIP still wanted to be part of the EU's trading block, which would mean we were still subject to their every whim, just we wouldn't have any say in their decisions any more.

I'm starting to see why you lot always complain about everyone attacking you rather than actually answering questions - once you start trying to explain what UKIP plan to do, or what they're thinking, it becomes obvious there's no thought or substance behind it. The entire party seems to be based on a tower of cards, with Farage desperately running around trying to keep it upright.

Whereas the other parties are built on lies false promises and thousands of deaths.

Whereas the other parties are built on lies false promises and thousands of deaths.

Well 2 / 3 aint bad for a party that's never had any power.

The Labour Party have several ex BNP elected councillors who defected to Labour and are representing the party on local councils.

At least we've moved on from the fake outrage stories that used to claim that the police, or some other official, told them it was illegal to fly the St Georges Cross.

Everyone seems to be outraged with the latest incident... Why? VOTES..

Your post has just got me thinking about a story my cousin told me a few years ago. She lives near Sunderland. A few days before St Georges day someone on the Labour controlled council asked the people of Sunderland to be considerate of other religions before they display a St Georges Cross flag.

This outraged a lot of people. Someone during the night tied St Georges' flags on some of the lamp posts in the city centre, and a lot of shops displayed them in their windows. My cousin and some of her neighbours had flags flying outside their car windows.

I wonder if the Labour controlled Sunderland Council would ask people today to be considerate of other religions before they display a flag?

Your post has just got me thinking about a story my cousin told me a few years ago. She lives near Sunderland. A few days before St Georges day someone on the Labour controlled council asked the people of Sunderland to be considerate of other religions before they display a St Georges Cross flag.

This outraged a lot of people. Someone during the night tied St Georges' flags on some of the lamp posts in the city centre, and a lot of shops displayed them in their windows. My cousin and some of her neighbours had flags flying outside their car windows.

I wonder if the Labour controlled Sunderland Council would ask people today to be considerate of other religions before they display a flag?

Sorry, I appear to have been mistaken. We haven't moved on yet.

Guest sibon
Sorry, I appear to have been mistaken. We haven't moved on yet.

At least we've stopped pretending that these stories are even vaguely true.

An unspecified year in a far away town and an anecdote from a fairly distant relative. Hardly the strongest of evidence.

How do you like my avatar, by the way?

At least we've stopped pretending that these stories are even vaguely true.

An unspecified year in a far away town and an anecdote from a fairly distant relative. Hardly the strongest of evidence.

How do you like my avatar, by the way?

Its funny how Labour are now in such an hurry to fly the flag..

:hihi: