Ukip. All discussion here please.

Ed Millipede is on the news now coming out with some right waffle, just what is he talking about, he is talking but is making no points.

He is saying he understands the people that voted for UKIP and its because they are struggling financially.

He just does not get it, how has he said he understands UKIP voters and then switch straight back to his cost of living crisis, what a joke.

I wish I had recorded this, its so sad seeing these leaders trying to get their heads round what's happened at the election and still missing the point by a country mile.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 14:18 ----------

He is in somewhere called Thurrock, I hope someone youtubes it.

Ed Millipede is on the news now coming out with some right waffle, just what is he talking about, he is talking but is making no points.

He is saying he understands the people that voted for UKIP and its because they are struggling financially.

He just does not get it, how has he said he understands UKIP voters and then switch straight back to his cost of living crisis, what a joke.

I wish I had recorded this, its so sad seeing these leaders trying to get their heads round what's happened at the election and still missing the point by a country mile.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 14:18 ----------

He is in somewhere called Thurrock, I hope someone youtubes it.

Please tell me this is incorrect and he isn't really that out of touch.

Regards

Doom

He finished his speech by saying 'we are going to crack this problem in the course of the afternoon'.

Good luck with that one, this arrogant so and so just thinks he can make one pointless speech and it will all just go away. :D

He finished his speech by saying 'we are going to crack this problem in the course of the afternoon'.

Good luck with that one, this arrogant so and so just thinks he can make one pointless speech and it will all just go away. :D

Not that old chestnut that were all immigrants again,it's getting predictable now.

It is all they have and why Millipede doesn't understand why his votes are going elsewhere.

Please tell me this is incorrect and he isn't really that out of touch.

Regards

Doom

If ever you thought they he is out of touch then watching his speech here would just confirm it.

I felt a little sorry for him, especially at the start.

If ever you thought they he is out of touch then watching his speech here would just confirm it.

I felt a little sorry for him, especially at the start.

Final results for European elections. %

CON.... LAB.... LD.... UKIP.... GRN

23.9.... 25.4.... 6.9.... 27.5.... 7.9

You would think they would have got the message by now.

He started out trying to make a point by saying he has met this lass who is here working hard, she is on 5 n 3 and hour (???:confused:???), then went on to say he has met this 65 year old women without even making a point about the one on 5&3 an hour :hihi:

He started out trying to make a point by saying he has met this lass who is here working hard, she is on 5 n 3 and hour (???:confused:???), then went on to say he has met this 65 year old women without even making a point about the one on 5&3 an hour :hihi:

Probably making the point that there are still 2 people prepared to meet him.

It is a far cry from the heady days when 29% of the population thought he would make the best Prime Minister.

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/4rnz2cvaof/YG-Archives-Pol-Trackers-Leaders-Perceptions-230514.pdf

Edited by Anna Glypta

A Labour councillor has just told him what it is what people want and thats a referendum, he did not even answer him but just said 'thanks' and went onto a questioning from someone else !

MILLIBAND YOU ARE AN IDIOT !

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 14:45 ----------

He says he won't have a referendum because he wants to be PM and tackle the cost of living crisis. :loopy:

Then went on to say no one asks him about a referendum. :huh:

I wish I had recorded this, its so sad seeing these leaders trying to get their heads round what's happened at the election and still missing the point by a country mile

You seem to be assuming that everyone who voted UKIP did so because they are unhappy with the EU and aspects of immigration policy.

A significant proportion of the UKIP voters last week will have done so because they feel disconnected from the three main parties and have used these elections to express their frustration. Come the general election these voters will return to Labour or Conservatives or even the poor old Lib Dems depending on their inclination. We've seen this effect for at least the last 30 years with the Lib Dems and more recently with the BNP.

If UKIP want to retain these voters and attract more in a general election then they need to come up with policies other than "leave the EU" and "its all the immigrants fault". The core of UKIP seem pretty much right wing, so you can expect those polices to be similar to the current conservative ones which will drive the left leaning voters away in droves.

In all the surveys on what people consider important the EU always comes way down the list what is important is the "cost of living crisis", the NHS, education, the economy etc. While the main parties need to address reform of the EU and some aspects of immigration policy it is far more important that they expand and explain their policies on the economy and how to ensure a more equitable distribution of the wealth it generates. Simply trying to out-UKIP UKIP won't work, Cameron has tried that and he's failed miserably, the Labour strategy of ignoring them was slightly better. Nick Clegg's approach was the best even though he lost.

The Blair creature was on Radio 4 this morning and, to my mind at least, his analysis was right, Ken Clarke was on earlier and while I didn't hear all the interview everything in the stuff I heard sounded right as well.

Edited by andyofborg

You seem to be assuming that everyone who voted UKIP did so because they are unhappy with the EU and aspects of immigration policy.

A significant proportion of the UKIP voters last week will have done so because they feel disconnected from the three main parties and have used these elections to express their frustration. Come the general election these voters will return to Labour or Conservatives or even the poor old Lib Dems depending on their inclination. We've seen this effect for at least the last 30 years with the Lib Dems and more recently with the BNP.

If UKIP want to retain these voters and attract more in a general election then they need to come up with policies other than "leave the EU" and "its all the immigrants fault". The core of UKIP seem pretty much right wing, so you can expect those polices to be similar to the current conservative ones which will drive the left leaning voters away in droves.

In all the surveys on what people consider important the EU always comes way down the list what is important is the "cost of living crisis", the NHS, education, the economy etc. While the main parties need to address reform of the EU and some aspects of immigration policy it is far more important that they expand and explain their policies on the economy and how to ensure a more equitable distribution of the wealth it generates. Simply trying to out-UKIP UKIP won't work, Cameron has tried that and he's failed miserably, the Labour strategy of ignoring them was slightly better. Nick Clegg's approach was the best even though he lost.

The Blair creature was on Radio 4 this morning and, to my mind at least, his analysis was right, Ken Clarke was on earlier and while I didn't hear all the interview everything in the stuff I heard sounded right as well.

Its not only UKIP voters that are unhappy with the EU and aspects of immigration policy and I doubt that many of the people that voted UKIP are happy with the EU and our levels of immigration.

It is all they have and why Millipede doesn't understand why his votes are going elsewhere.

ALL -of the politicians have been :ranting on about what we have to do ; :hihiing whilst poking fun at each other ; and generally ignoring the :help: pleas which have been made by the electorate .

Now that the have all had a :o they are all :huh: ;and all promising to listen .

They should all have had less arrogance in the past and listened . Now ,like naughty children after a spanking , they are all full of " sorry" .

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU !