Ukip. All discussion here please.

The man playing the drums didn't know who he was, the interviewer told him but the group were happy to carry on playing, then the nutters turned up with their racist placards and the group had a change of heart, which is very understandable.

is that what happened? really?

So the UKIP barmy-army have kept up the good work today, organising a street "carnival" in Croydon, where they forgot to tell the band they booked who they were, and who promptly packed up and left when they found out who they were, along with the candidate for the area calling Croydon "unsafe and a dump" when they had to deal with that much opposition that Big Nige decided he'd better not put in an appearance.

Bet that'll endeared him to the locals :hihi:

I saw this about the Croydon event on the Channel 4 News this evening....The steel band players weren't happy at all that they weren't told in advance that they would be playing at a UKIP rally.

one thing for sure, despite the right wing lunatics optimsm on this forum, ukip seem to be alienating various sections of the community at an alarming rate lmao

Nutters will inevitably have an effect on what people say in public, but it won't change what they do on voting day, because they know the nutter won't be stood behind them when they vote.

---------- Post added 20-05-2014 at 22:30 ----------

Yep, that is how it played out on the news.

He's a world famous mushroom hunter.

Who hasn't heard of Nigel Forage?

The evidence is that the higher reaches of the party are populated by racist lunatics, so maybe they had a point.

Very funny post! :hihi::hihi:

The man playing the drums didn't know who he was, the interviewer told him but the group were happy to carry on playing, then the nutters turned up with their racist placards and the group had a change of heart, which is very understandable.

They realised what a mess they'd got themselves into. Not good for anyone's image supporting UKIP!

Yep, that is how it played out on the news.

nope

A steel band hired for the event in Croydon, south London, refused to continue playing when told they had been hired on behalf of UKIP.

The steel band Endurance Steel played as the protesters gathered, with one Romanian woman holding a banner accusing UKIP of "racism" after Mr Farage said last week that people would not feel comfortable if a group of Romanian men moved next door.

When informed that UKIP was holding the event, Endurance Steel withdrew their services and packed up their instruments, saying they had not been told previously.

not one of my quotes from the link i gave backs up what you just said, strange really

gotta hand it to ya, you really are a spin extraordinaire

I don't like repeating myself unnecessarily, see my earlier posts with factual links.

chalga has since highlighted your being disingenuous about these policies and their factual implementation and enforcement. Again.

So you keep saying. Socio-economical indicators consistently say otherwise.

There has also been the non-trivial matter of a global crisis the likes of which this country had not seen for decades, and was ill-ready to face in the first place thanks to the previous incumbents. Believe it or not, headline shouts and tw@tter-based vacuous banter are no way to run a country, it takes -at best- months for policies to get underway, never mind produce any sort of results (good or bad, with ongoing adjustments in consequence).

Farage is big on talk and "we must this" and "we must that" with easy soundbites appealing to the lowest common denominator: he sells snake oil. By comparison, the Government is busy running a top 10 global economy.

The bottom line is people aren't satisfied with what this government, or the last one, has done to tackle EU interference re immigration and law making. And whilst we appreciate having a top denominator like yourself taking the time to keep explaining to low denominators like me how misinformed we are, it just doesn't seem to be working. I'd still like our government to tell the EU to shove human rights and introduce selective immigration. And until the main parties offer that, my vote will sit with UKIP.

Nutters will inevitably have an effect on what people say in public, but it won't change what they do on voting day, because they know the nutter won't be stood behind them when they vote.

On voting day, this week the vast majority of the British public will not vote for UKIP.

On voting day next year we wont even be talking about them.

Enjoy your day in the partial sunshine.

nope

not one of my quotes from the link i gave backs up what you just said, [/b]strange really[/b]

gotta hand it to ya, you really are a spin extraordinaire

.......Not really:hihi:

The bottom line is people aren't satisfied with what this government, or the last one, has done to tackle EU interference re immigration and law making. And whilst we appreciate having a top denominator like yourself taking the time to keep explaining to low denominators like me how misinformed we are, it just doesn't seem to be working. I'd still like our government to tell the EU to shove human rights and introduce selective immigration. And until the main parties offer that, my vote will sit with UKIP.

What do you expect UKIP to do about any of those things?

They are impotent. Waste your vote if you like.

If you really want to force change in our European membership you need to vote Tory. Much as it pains me to say it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/05/20/Have-UKIP-Just-Had-Their-Sheffield-Rally-Moment

McKenzie booked a steel band, telling them they were going to the opening of a shop. When they realised it was a UKIP event they packed up in the full view of the media, but not before they did an interview with Channel4's Michael Crick.

One UKIP member on the ground told Breitbart London that the event was "a total disaster", when asked how something like this could have been allowed to happen he simply replied: "Two words: Winston McKenzie."

Edited by chalga

They realised what a mess they'd got themselves into. Not good for anyone's image supporting UKIP!

There are plenty of loonies ready to earl abuse at anyone seen to be associated with UKIP, so it is understandable that some people wouldn't want to be associated with them out of fear of reprisals.

Its how dictators keep power, they threaten and squash their opposition.