Ukip. All discussion here please.

You are absolutely right Anna. This decision has been made to make moderation easier. That is the wrong way round.

There has been no serious discussion of any political issue tonight. That is entirely down to the baffling decision to restrict any kind of debate. Let's not forget that one of the moderation team is a UKIP activist. I wonder if that had any bearing on the censorship that we are seeing:rolleyes:

It was very clear that we was winning the argument and turning millions of people into UKIP voters. :) So no it wouldn't have had a bearing on the moderating.

I agree with Anna B.

Debate is on SF is organic, it twists and turns and transforms into different viewpoints.

That well-know communist cell the British Chambers of Commerce has carried out a survey among businesses and their feelings about how EU withdrawal might affect them;

"The lobby group's poll released ahead of European elections this week showed a dwindling minority of businesses, just 12%, believe a full withdrawal from the EU would help their prospects. Almost two-thirds, 61%, said that withdrawing would harm their business".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/uk-businesses-eu-relationship-future-unease-cameron

That well-know communist cell the British Chambers of Commerce has carried out a survey among businesses and their feelings about how EU withdrawal might affect them;

"The lobby group's poll released ahead of European elections this week showed a dwindling minority of businesses, just 12%, believe a full withdrawal from the EU would help their prospects. Almost two-thirds, 61%, said that withdrawing would harm their business".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/uk-businesses-eu-relationship-future-unease-cameron

People are usually uneasy about change, but it doesn't automatically follow that change will be for the worst.

I've said it before, but I could see one of the major countries pulling out of the EU being the catalyst for others following suit.

Regards

Doom

Almost two-thirds, 61%, said that withdrawing would harm their business.

It would be more useful to know how it would harm their business.

You see I go the other way, I think this should have been done much earlier.

We've had the ridiculous situation whereby people against UKIP have been endlessly trawling the internet to find negative stories about them, creating a lot of similar threads.

To make a point I did the same Friday night trying to find negative stories about Labour and had 4 new threads within 5 minutes. It started getting ridiculous, with so many different political threads, nobody knew where they were.

I also found a couple of stories about immigration/asylum on Saturday morning for good measure. I noticed most of my threads were pulled, whereas the anti UKIP ones remained, therefore the mods must have a bias against UKIP as far as I'm concerned.

The mods create mega threads for other topics, it makes perfect sense to do it for political stories. People can still put links to the stories on here, but what they can't do now is put their own spin on the title of the thread.

I disagree entirely. In UKIP, we have a new political force which looks likely to poll very well in a national election on thursday. It is only right and proper that their seedy underbelly is exposed properly. The moderators have stopped that from happening with a bizarre decision. One of the moderators is a UKIP activist. People can draw their own conclusions from those two unrelated facts.

As for your highly amusing thread starting the other night. It was greeted with almost universal mockery. With the obvious exception of Smithy and his imaginary friends.

In my opinion, the mods should have had a word with you about your behaviour, rather than killing all debate as they have done.

I disagree entirely. In UKIP, we have a new political force which looks likely to poll very well in a national election on thursday. It is only right and proper that their seedy underbelly is exposed properly. The moderators have stopped that from happening with a bizarre decision. One of the moderators is a UKIP activist. People can draw their own conclusions from those two unrelated facts.

As for your highly amusing thread starting the other night. It was greeted with almost universal mockery. With the obvious exception of Smithy and his imaginary friends.

In my opinion, the mods should have had a word with you about your behaviour, rather than killing all debate as they have done.

You see I thought completely the opposite.

I thought the mods were showing an anti UKIP bias by allowing so many threads about one subject.

I was also surprised that my thread about £500 to buy a passport was pulled, because I thought that was a relevant topic of discussion.

Who would be a mod?....Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

You still have a place to discuss UKIP 'gaffes', only now you can't put your own spin on the title of the thread.

Regards

Doom

It would be more useful to know how it would harm their business.
Done to death in several EU-related threads that preceded (by some weeks, if not months) the thread cull of last night:

Cameron's Europe Speech

Yorkshire multi-millionaire businessman backs UKIP

UKIP and the EU

You have partaken in both of these.

Did you read the replies?

Did you not understand them?

Or do you just like asking the same question again and again until you get the answers you're hoping for?

Edited by L00b

Done to death in several EU-related threads that preceded (by some weeks, if not months) the thread cull of last night:

Proposed EU referendum 2017

UKIP and the EU

Or do you just like asking the same question again and again until you get the answers you're hoping for?

Nothing in the first link, so I won't bother reading through the others because I doubt there is anything in them about 61% of businesses that said withdrawing would harm their business.

I thought this was a good article:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/douglas-murray/2014/05/the-smears-against-nigel-farage-and-ukip-have-reached-spectacular-depths/

Some selective comments from the article:

Today’s pages include the Times repeating a story from last year in the hope of successful guilt-by-association. The story is that Geert Wilders (the ‘Dutch Xenophobe’ as the Times headlines him) would like Nigel Farage to join him and Marine Le Pen in an anti-EU Brussels voting bloc. What neither the Times nor any other newspaper wishes to give Farage any credit for is that he refuses to join that bloc precisely because of the presence in it of a party like the Front Nationale. And yet the press continues to attempt to portray Farage as leading a British National Front. [/Quote]

Firstly – if Farage had wanted to run a party which allied itself with the far-right, racist attitudes of the National Front or BNP he could have done so years ago. As it is, former members of the BNP are forbidden from joining UKIP and in his earliest days in the party Farage waged a small war precisely to get rid of those who wanted to form any such alliance.[/Quote]
Looks like Nigel and mates are going to feel a bit lonely in Strasbourg, then.

Because the more-or-less ideologically-aligned Germans have said Nein to working with them. See, these guys want to stay in the EU and work with Cameron instead.

Selective edit from the article:

In a blow for Mr Farage, Hans-Olaf Henkel, a former president of the German Federation of Industries and a founder member of Alternative fuer Deutschland (AfD) has ruled out working with Ukip despite previous hints from the party's youth wing that alliance was possible.

"I'll tell you what we're not going to do. We're not going to go with Ukip because they want to dissolve the EU, which is not our programme, and their immigration policy looks ridiculous," he told the Local.de website.

The announcement is a blow for Mr Farage and means Ukip will come under growing pressure to join with Marine Le Pen's growing far-Right alliance in the EU assembly, if as polls suggest she has enough MEPs and allies to form a parliamentary bloc after the elections.

Then again, considering the track record of current UKIP MEPs since the last election, I don't think it will make any difference howsoever: the UK will simply continue not to have much of a say within the EU parliamentary framework (in fact, still less so I fully expect), through the expected indolence (or incompetence - no difference in practical terms) of its UKIP MEPs.

As regards Marine LePen, here's my take on why Farage and her won't ally regardless:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again in due course when it self-verifies, that Farage is using the exact same modus operandi as LePen (JM, with Marine having now taken the family business over and doing just more of the same) to keep himself in the far-far-faaar-less-scrutinised pay of the EU Parliament, and just peddle political influence ad hoc.

LePen has been an MEP for around 20 years, and whenever the FN has been in danger of getting a député (MP) or a few, never mind a bit "too high" a voting score in the first round of Presidential elections, he's come out in the nick of time with some self-torpedoing humdinger to reset the party's popularity clock. My prediction is that Farage will do exactly the same. You just watch.

There are no political or ethical convictions, and certainly no-one there who wants to get on the hotseat, pull sleeves up and muck in. Just a career politician who's opportunistically exploiting a populist bandwagon.

It's not in his or her interest, they're only in it for the gravy.

Nothing in the first link, so I won't bother reading through the others because I doubt there is anything in them about 61% of businesses that said withdrawing would harm their business.
My bad, I linked the wrong (first) thread from my search results. There were quite a few more to pick from, admittedly. Post now edited and fixed.

I trust you did not miss the fact that Germany's equivalent to Farage, Herr Henkel, eminent business person with a past appointment as the head of the German Federation of Industries, wants to stay in.

Edited by L00b

Cameron's Europe Speech

UKIP and the EU

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/1b723d2e-b107-11e3-bbd4-00144feab7de.html?siteedition=intl#axzz30OPTcCA0

This is what Farage is claiming:

Britain’s biggest business organisations are failing to represent their members over the sensitive issue of Europe, Nigel Farage has claimed, saying that at least half of UK companies share his party’s desire to leave the EU altogether.

Mr Farage said: “We are being told, as Ukip starts to go up in the polls and starts to put pressure on the established parties in Westminster, that membership of the EU is absolutely vital for Britain and the ‘voice of business’ says we should stay members at all costs. I would say that is not true.”

This is what is happening:

But Mr Farage’s claim to speak for business is being undermined by business groups, who say they are so worried about Ukip’s likely success in May’s European elections that they are starting to lobby MEPs from other countries instead.

Iain Anderson, director of Cicero Group, which represents financial services companies in London, said: “The real concern is the level of influence UK MEPs will have over key economic legislation following the European elections in May if there is a Ukip surge.

Edited by chalga

As far as i can see , ALL the political parties now only have ONE thread in which we can discuss that party. I cant see where you are coming from here.

I cant see where you are coming from here.

That's not really a surprise.