The Green Party. All discussion here please

I heard a lot of things about water contamination in the states, but that could have been propaganda.

No, I think there has been contamination and other problems in the past. But that's just it, this is in the past in another country where things are done differently.

Just like with the mine disaster in Turkey and the PM comparing it to conditions in our mines - in the 19th century! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27428843

I think the thing of it all is, if it is safe, and the stations don't cause problems with the locals then I am all for it.

But of course with peoples properties around and the noise and all that, there will be issues.

I think the thing of it all is, if it is safe, and the stations don't cause problems with the locals then I am all for it.

But of course with peoples properties around and the noise and all that, there will be issues.

Bottom line is it needs to be properly trialled. It hasn't been trialled fully in the UK yet.

IMO once a fully fracking complex is under development most communities would look at it and reject the same thing coming to their area.

But the technology should be given a chance and demonstrated in the UK. People need to fully understand what is involved

IMO once a fully fracking complex is under development most communities would look at it and reject the same thing coming to their area.

In the same way that a lot of people are against having wind turbines in their area?

we're lucky in Central, no UKIP candidate. Can't imagine many people here stupid enough to vote for em.

Why not people there have been stupid enough to vote for Labour for years so owts possible

... just out of curiosity, I wonder how many people know who the Green party leader is? :huh:

The Jolly Green Giant??

---------- Post added 20-05-2014 at 14:23 ----------

I heard a lot of things about water contamination in the states, but that could have been propaganda.

There was a large documentary done that caught alot of attention, the one with people lighting 'gas' coming out of their kitchen taps.

IIRC it was heavily discredited as most of it was complete fantasy.

It's stupid crap like that which makes it hard to construct a proper view on the subject.

How can you make your mind up when half the stuff out there is just lies???

Don't the green campaigners see if they use lies and deceit then it seriously damages their reputation and strength of their argument??

I am the agent for all wards in the city and this is my usual apology to anyone who has not received a leaflet from us for this election. Everyone should have as we have participated in the Freepost scheme in which Royal Mail should deliver a leaflet to all households for the European elections. But their delivery is as patchy as ever.

For the council elections we have put out loads of stuff in Central and Broomhill which we are trying to win. Plus a leaflet in most or all of Gleadless Valley, Nether Edge, Crookes and Walkley. Plus some European newspapers in various wards. But we don't have the resources to hand deliver to what must be more than 200,000 letterboxes in the city. We are aiming to double our council group from 2 to 4 and hope to then build further to allow more activity and accompanying delivery of election leaflets in other parts of the city.

In the same way that a lot of people are against having wind turbines in their area?

Well the visual appearance could be a common reason for rejecting both, but there will be many others unique to fracking. As you will know ;)

How has this thread managed to get to two pages :o

I didnt realize the lettuce munchers had that many voters .

But then you were daft enough to say (on another thread) that they don't have any policies, when that's self evidently untrue.

They got 250,000 in 2010. The BNP got 500,000.

I think that should make most people sad.

IIRC it was heavily discredited as most of it was complete fantasy.

Guess who was doing the "discrediting" ? :roll:

If the fracking companies have nothing to hide, then why wont they list the chemicals they pump into the ground ? Surely we should have a right to know ?