The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

i can imagine when the labour party disintegrates again there will be other splinter groups who eventually join both the libdems, the snp and probably even the ukip

That was referred to on BBC News this morning. Labour were saying that if Corbyn won they insisted that MPs and voters wouldn't flock to the Lib Dems.

That was referred to on BBC News this morning. Labour were saying that if Corbyn won they insisted that MPs and voters wouldn't flock to the Lib Dems.

They were 'insisting', were they? And just how accurate are they at foretelling the future?

Let's see. Maybe Labour voters will continue flocking to UKIP or the Green Party.

Tim Farron has quit as leader

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40281300

seems being a bible basher is too big a pull Oo

When I saw this on BBC news at about 19:30, The reporter who introduced it looked just like Nick Clegg.

I was a little wierded out by it!

Isn't it odd! I think quite a few previous PMs have managed to reconcile being a Christian and PM.

I didn't think he was a bad leader. A lot of the things on social and economic issues made sense. Wonder who'll replace him? Vince Cable?

Isn't it odd! I think quite a few previous PMs have managed to reconcile being a Christian and PM.

I didn't think he was a bad leader. A lot of the things on social and economic issues made sense. Wonder who'll replace him? Vince Cable?

Right call. He didn't win enough seats at the election. He went all or nothing on his Brexit plan and it didn't translate to that many more seats.

Sturgeon should go next.

..... Or Maybe Nick Clegg now he's scratching for something to do?

OH! Hang on He's probably consoling Dave Cameron as I type! :hihi:

during the leaders debate i saw he came across as the one speaking most sense tbh, he was also the most humorous one, and seemed the most confident in his views.

I think most who wouldve voted liberals voted labour as a tactical vote to try and hurt the tories.

I didn't think he was a bad leader.

They are better liars.

I don't think it's anything to do with his faith. I think it's because he was a crap :)

The wrong choice in the first place really, almost certainly a nice guy and good politician, but these days people can see through this 'feigning charisma' type thing. Ed Milliband showed us this.

I don't think it's anything to do with his faith. I think it's because he was a crap :)

The wrong choice in the first place really, almost certainly a nice guy and good politician, but these days people can see through this 'feigning charisma' type thing. Ed Milliband showed us this.

I didn't think he was crap, I just feel his party is tarnished by Glegg playing the rusty trombone with Cameron when he had a once in a lifetime chance to make a difference...and he chose not to.

I didn't think he was crap, I just feel his party is tarnished by Glegg playing the rusty trombone with Cameron when he had a once in a lifetime chance to make a difference...and he chose not to.

He probably didn't really. He wasn't PM, and like JC wouldn't have expected to carry through anything in his manifesto. This IS politics afterall!

He wasn't a good choice IMO