The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Students leaving University owing £55,000 plus thanks to those Yellow Tories who had promised absolutely NO tuition fees.

I graduated owing around £13,000

I'll never clear it, my repayments are not significantly bigger than the interest.

(it's possible that I *might*, at approximately the same time as it's written off).

The new system comes with higher debt, but much lower repayments. Graduates who go on to earn an average salary will still not clear their debt, but will repay something like £30,000 *less* during their life.

Graduates who go on to earn a nice wedge will have to pay back more (still less per month, but for longer).

Please, bump my debt up to £50,000 , and let me repay under this awful system that you're moaning about. It's great!

(It would save me around ... £20,000)

Edited by ads36

8 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The Liberal Democrats love the EU, but hate the worker. 

Resolution report finds Liberal Democrats best choice for low-income families over Labour!
https://www.resolutionfoundation.org/…/the-shifting-shape…/…

6 hours ago, lottiecass said:

I may be mistaken but a while ago weren't you buying your council property?

Yes.

22 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Students leaving University owing £55,000 plus thanks to those Yellow Tories who had promised absolutely NO tuition fees.

Ah that old chestnut figure which includes at least three years of food and board, and utility bills -  something every young person will have to pay whether they're at uni or not.

Edited by alchresearch

20 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Remind me who brought tuition fees in then in 1998?

She was taking to task Johnson over his woeful handling of the  Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe case. The express decides that the main story is the way Jo delivers her speech. My word they're a bad bunch.

Just listening to Jo Swinson on the Jeremy Vine show, wow! She'd be out of her depth in a bird bath!

She reminds me of  Violet Elizabeth Bott in Just William ...........

..........   "  I'll  thcream  and  thcream  until  I'm  thick "    flapping her arms.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

The popularity for her certainly has dropped sharply.  

For a party polling much less than the main two, Jo Swinson is quite popular.

Jo Swinson is the 11th most popular other UK public figure and the 21st most famous. Jo Swinson is described by fans as: Admirable, Confident, Empathetic, Assured and Fresh.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Jo_Swinson

Andrew Neil interviewing Swinson tonight. 

Second question in.  "You started the campaign as a relative unknown.  How come the more the electorate got to know you, the more unpopular you've become?  You started with - 20 popularity rating that is now -31;  below that of Nigel Farage.  How do you explain that?" 

Brilliant. 

Edited by Baron99

Does the fact that I found the Lib Dems thread all the way down on Page 2 of SF with nobody posting any comments, even on Gen. Election night, indicate their in for a pasting at the polls?