The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

A threat :huh:... now you are having a larf! Considering they only have 11 seats now just how many seats do they need to be considered anywhere near a threat?

they are the biggest threat TO BREXIT.............now can you tell me the bigger threat to brexit?

not labour? not the tories?

i didnt say theyd win...who knows, but i think most remainers are going to gravitate to the lib dems as labour have made a pigs ear of the lot. same as i think unless the tories and brexit party make a pact it could go either way pro brexit (and if not...split the vote?)

Kim Jong-un, according to a recent Lib Dem election leaflet, is now out of the race in North Korea.

Only the Lib Dems can win there now!

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

they are the biggest threat TO BREXIT.............now can you tell me the bigger threat to brexit?

not labour? not the tories?

Well if they are the biggest threat TO BREXIT then the leavers including Car Boot don't have much to worry about.

6 hours ago, apelike said:

Well if they are the biggest threat TO BREXIT then the leavers including Car Boot don't have much to worry about.

He's the one posting nonsense in a race to try and discredit them, he must think so

55 minutes ago, melthebell said:

He's the one posting nonsense in a race to try and discredit them, he must think so

The Liberal Democrats are running a misinformation campaign in Tory/Labour marginal seats across the country, attempting to make them look like Tory/Lib Dem marginals. Using dodgy bar charts and Fake News they pretend that Labour doesn't have any chance of winning. This means that Jo Swindles Lib Dems are trying to steer people into voting either Tory or Lib Dem, looking after their old coalition partners. Somethings never change.

https://evolvepolitics.com/yougov-confirm-the-lib-dems-are-now-publishing-entirely-made-up-polls-on-election-leaflets/

25 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The Liberal Democrats are running a misinformation campaign in Tory/Labour marginal seats across the country, attempting to make them look like Tory/Lib Dem marginals.

I'm not sure you should be casting any stones re:: misinformation.

Using dodgy bar charts and Fake News they pretend that Labour doesn't have any chance of winning. This means that Jo Swindles Lib Dems are trying to steer people into voting either Tory or Lib Dem, looking after their old coalition partners. Somethings never change.

They might be right, afterall, as a die hard labour supporter you're going to have to vote for a different party or your Brexit is looking decidedly shakey :hihi:

Like you, doesn't have a great track record. Fined in 2018 for publishing fake news.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The Liberal Democrats are running a misinformation campaign in Tory/Labour marginal seats across the country, attempting to make them look like Tory/Lib Dem marginals. Using dodgy bar charts and Fake News they pretend that Labour doesn't have any chance of winning. This means that Jo Swindles Lib Dems are trying to steer people into voting either Tory or Lib Dem, looking after their old coalition partners. Somethings never change.

https://evolvepolitics.com/yougov-confirm-the-lib-dems-are-now-publishing-entirely-made-up-polls-on-election-leaflets/

Yes, they've done the same in my area.  They've tried to portray that the greens are standing down in a "remain pact"so that the Lib Dems can have their votes and win.

But in reality the Lib Dem vote has been dropping. They got 15,000 votes in 2015, the Greens got 1000.  But in 2017 they only got 12,000 votes and the Greens didn't stand.

The Lib Dems only have one policy that might sway people to vote for them and that is their pledge to cancel Brexit. I don't believe Jo Swinson has the experience or the skill to handle the fallout from that. The best thing they can hope for is another coalition at best and that didn't work out too well last time did it? 

Edited by Anna B

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

The Lib Dems only have one policy that might sway people to vote for them and that is their pledge to cancel Brexit. I don't believe Jo Swinson has the experience or the skill to handle the fallout from that. The best thing they can hope for is another coalition at best and that didn't work out too well last time did it? 

Of course she has, it easy.

"Right, you voted me in to revoke A50 so we have done. Next!"

She wouldn't have any fallout because she would have a mandate.

On 08/11/2019 at 09:42, alchresearch said:

But in reality the Lib Dem vote has been dropping. They got 15,000 votes in 2015, the Greens got 1000.  But in 2017 they only got 12,000 votes and the Greens didn't stand.

That is just one constituancy. The Liberal Democrats were polling at around 8/10% a few years ago, the polls are now showing almost double that support. It will be patchy, they they will do really well in some areas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49798197

If we again have a hung Parliament, do we know who the Lib Dems are going to side with?

After being screwed by the Conservatives last time they would do well to steer clear. 

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

If we again have a hung Parliament, do we know who the Lib Dems are going to side with?

After being screwed by the Conservatives last time they would do well to steer clear. 

Last time there was a coalition the Conservative were the only party with enough votes combined to form a majority. That may be the same again. Or other parties may prefer to form a minority Government.

There is no one answer to this question.