The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

On 15/09/2019 at 00:02, taxman said:

Yet more tories joining them. They must be loving the extra MPs and publicity but the last time they sold their souls to a bunch of Tories it didn't turn out so well.

They claim to be vetting the incomers but there is concern that the new famous "Liberal Democrats" will just be parachuted into safe seats to the cost of long term, loyal and steadfast members of the party.

"Sorry old chap, I know you've done brilliant work for the party for 40 years but Chucka is here now and he's the future!"

Unless the turncoat Umuna thinks his career will benefit from another change of Party. Like others this stooge has no honour what so ever. Chuka is in it for Chuka, period.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Unless the turncoat Umuna thinks his career will benefit from another change of Party. Like others this stooge has no honour what so ever. Chuka is in it for Chuka, period.

Angel1.

Bit like Johnson being in it for Johnson.

On 19/09/2019 at 16:37, alchresearch said:

18668800-0-image-a-21_1568892790468.jpg

Well from looking at the graph, it appears to be at the expense of Lab?  The others appear pretty stable. 

But that's the problem being a Lib Dems, so many different fences to sit on? 

One year its one, the next year it's another?  It just looks to the voting public that you'll choose any fence that gets you a little power. 

https://fullfact.org/europe/lib-dems-first-call-eu-referendum/

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-jo-swinsons-track-record-on-brexit

Edited by Baron99

14 hours ago, Longcol said:

Bit like Johnson being in it for Johnson.

Not at all, Boris is PM and has the shout, Umuna is simply a nobody. After the next GE I would like to think he and his party swapping acolytes are removed from office, self serving Parasites, they do not command the respect to represent good honest decent voters.

Angel1.

5 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Not at all, Boris is PM and has the shout, Umuna is simply a nobody. After the next GE I would like to think he and his party swapping acolytes are removed from office, self serving Parasites, they do not command the respect to represent good honest decent voters.

Angel1.

Tell me did you come on here to actually contribute anything or is it just to troll and spread crap because everyones ighnoring you everywhere else?

17 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Tell me did you come on here to actually contribute anything or is it just to troll and spread crap because everyones ighnoring you everywhere else?

I’ve changed my view on you, you’re a decent poster Obelix.

Just now, Obelix said:

I try my best 😛

You’re welcome.

16 hours ago, Obelix said:

Just to look at my post you have replied to, which part of it is not basically factual.  Boris IS the PM and does have the shout, (makes the decisions). Umuna Is a party swapping no body, with no shout whatsoever.  These Party swapping politicians are self serving, that's as clear as crystal. As we are a supposedly democratic society, all these party shifters SHOULD stand for a by election, but they will not, parasites contrubuting nothing, but taking the 77k and expenses.

Odd that any one who has the temerity to have a different view to you and your acolytes on the forum is either a troll, a liar or a complete fruit loop. GOOD, it means you and your like minded anti British anti democratic posters are rattled.

Angel1.

24 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Just to look at my post you have replied to, which part of it is not basically factual.  Boris IS the PM and does have the shout, (makes the decisions). Umuna Is a party swapping no body, with no shout whatsoever.  These Party swapping politicians are self serving, that's as clear as crystal. As we are a supposedly democratic society, all these party shifters SHOULD stand for a by election, but they will not, parasites contrubuting nothing, but taking the 77k and expenses.

But, you miss the essential point.

For many of these MPs who swap parties, it is the Party that has changed, not them.

The Tories and the Lib Dems have both lurched to the right, hence the number of ex Tories mopped up by the Lib Dem’s.

Chukka is a special case, he’s a Blairite who has been driven from Labour by its lurch leftwards.

No need for by elections by the way Constituencies elect MPs. You vote for a person, not for the party.

Edited by Pettytom

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

But, you miss the essential point.

For many of these MPs who swap parties, it is the Party that has changed, not them.

The Tories and the Lib Dems have both lurched to the right, hence the number of ex Tories mopped up by the Lib Dem’s.

Chukka is a special case, he’s a Blairite who has been driven from Labour by its lurch leftwards.

No need for by elections by the way Constituencies elect MPs. You vote for a person, nit fir the party.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Angel1.

I've never really understood what Liberal Democrats are. What do they stand for?