The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Do you mean like the DUP propping up the Torys, except that cost the taxpayer around £1 billion!

Explain to me how that involved vote rigging. 

The Liberal Democrats now have 17 MPs and that number is increasing week by week. Will Amber Rudd be the next one to join?

Some may not become an MP at the next election, but the media attention and the momentum of increased support will have a massive effect.

On 02/08/2019 at 16:02, francypants said:

This is a kind of vote rigging and should be stopped.

How can not being voted for, constitute vote rigging?

There are some very odd ideas out there at the moment 

On 02/08/2019 at 15:02, francypants said:

This is a kind of vote rigging and should be stopped.

So John Bercow is guilty of being an MP since he became speaker of vote rigging?

All the parties, main ones anyway do not field candidates against him at every general election. 

13 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

So John Bercow is guilty of being an MP since he became speaker of vote rigging?

All the parties, main ones anyway do not field candidates against him at every general election. 

apparently the tories now are going to as hes a "traitor" :roll:

6 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

True.  The LibDems are fast becoming the natural home of hard-right neoliberal types like Ms Rudd who can't stomach the quasi-fascist direction the Tories are taking. 

They do still have axactly the same policies; as yet, Amber Rudd has not joined the LDs.

Yet more tories joining them. They must be loving the extra MPs and publicity but the last time they sold their souls to a bunch of Tories it didn't turn out so well.

They claim to be vetting the incomers but there is concern that the new famous "Liberal Democrats" will just be parachuted into safe seats to the cost of long term, loyal and steadfast members of the party.

"Sorry old chap, I know you've done brilliant work for the party for 40 years but Chucka is here now and he's the future!"

On 10/09/2019 at 16:27, CaptainSwing said:

whilst at the same time categorically ruling out any co-operation with Labour, even if that means a no-deal Brexit or an elected Johnson/Farage government.  It's easy to see which side Ms Swinson's bread is buttered.

Politicains will always play games, if you kept up with the news you would be aware - The Lib Dems will team up with Labour, the SNP, Change UK, Plaid Cymru and the Green Party in a desperate attempt to block Brexit. The five opposition parties have agreed to meet to brainstorm a plot to take down new Prime Minister Boris Johnson and block a no deal Brexit - Aug 22, 2019

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Politicains will always play games, if you kept up with the news you would be aware - The Lib Dems will team up with Labour, the SNP, Change UK, Plaid Cymru and the Green Party in a desperate attempt to block Brexit. The five opposition parties have agreed to meet to brainstorm a plot to take down new Prime Minister Boris Johnson and block a no deal Brexit - Aug 22, 2019

Not according to the Libdum leader on the Marr debacle this morning. I thought she said the Libdums  would not join a coalition with ANY PARTY. Or have I "missheard" her.

Angel1.

10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Not according to the Libdum leader on the Marr debacle this morning. I thought she said the Libdums  would not join a coalition with ANY PARTY. Or have I "missheard" her.

Angel1.

Some believe that the Tory/LD coalition was a better Governmnet than the May and Johnson Government, could they be worse; but the Liberal Democrats got all the negative press and fewer MPs at the next election.

So ruling out a coalition is the natural response.

I saw Jo Swinson on a couple of media things this morning.

Why isn't she saying the next General Election will be fought on the various Brexit performances and  positions, as it surely will be. AND Therefore, it will become the most recent nationwide democratic decision on the whole sorry mess .

Hopefully, there will be a clear majority and we can all move forward.

So Jo Swinson says if they were elected and she was Prime Minister she would revoke Article 50 and we stay in the EU, that is really being democratic. Sod the people we will do what I say and we will leave, think she has got the lust for power.