The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

7 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

Another day another victory for the countries greatest political Party.

If a general election happens with the revolting BoJo and Corbyn still in charge, I think we have a great chance.

Ha Ha are you joking?? the lib dems have no credible policies and would bend over backwards to the EU masters, even Corbyn stands a better Chance!

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

Ha Ha are you joking?? the lib dems have no credible policies and would bend over backwards to the EU masters, even Corbyn stands a better Chance!

Now we know you're joking as labore came 4th lol, 3 behind the winners

9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Although I would imagine there are some unhappy Plaid Cymru voters out there.

They won't be that unhappy, I understand many of them voted for the Liberal Democrats, isn't that how they won?

4 hours ago, francypants said:

This is a kind of vote rigging and should be stopped.

No it absolutely isn’t. People have a choice of who to vote for. Nobody forces them to choose any party.

5 hours ago, Borista336 said:

"EU masters..." LOL.. :loopy:

I'm just wondering how this tallies with Angel's notion that remain MP's will be voted out by their constituants.. doesn't seem to be working out 🥴

Edited by Magilla

On 24/07/2019 at 00:26, I1L2T3 said:

They will have a chance. It depends how successfully the very real accusations on student loans can be made to stick in an election campaign.

The obvious out for the LibDems is the following:

1. We made a mistake, sorry

2. We will reduce student fees to a more manageable amount

3. We will convert existing loans into a favourable graduate tax, or finance some kind of debt jubilee

4. We will cancel Brexit

Hey presto, 70% or more of the under-35 vote captured

the lib dems have stabbed everybody in the back once  don't trust them

20 minutes ago, melcebu said:

My local Conservative MP is a leaver and she blocked us leaving the EU on every vote.

Strangly, Boris voted to leave with Mays deal, including the BACKSTOP, not he is saying that the BACKSTOP must go.

Johnson is playing the country against itself, he should be put in jail for telling lies.

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

My local Conservative MP is a leaver and she blocked us leaving the EU on every vote.

Strangly, Boris voted to leave with Mays deal, including the BACKSTOP, not he is saying that the BACKSTOP must go.

Johnson is playing the country against itself, he should be put in jail for telling lies.

He'll change his mind at the drop of a hat and support whichever is best for Boris. Brextremists are fools if they think Boris will deliver on his coronation promises

On 02/08/2019 at 09:43, alchresearch said:

Very good that the other parties didn't field a candidate in order to pool votes, otherwise I think they'd have come a close second.

Although I would imagine there are some unhappy Plaid Cymru voters out there.

I would have thought that the reason the Tories lost was hat their supporters did not want to vote for a candidate who had been fiddling his expenses.

20 hours ago, francypants said:

Do you mean like the DUP propping up the Torys, except that cost the taxpayer around £1 billion!

21 hours ago, francypants said:

Parties have always picked and chose where they field candidates. Normally their best options

12 hours ago, melcebu said:

Yes but this time they are going to stab the Tory Party and The Brexit Party in the front.

I can live with that

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

He'll change his mind at the drop of a hat and support whichever is best for Boris. Brextremists are fools if they think Boris will deliver on his coronation promises

Yes