The Liberal Democrats - all discussion here please

I wonder if he will try to remain the MP where he is now, or is he hoping that the LDs will find him a new seat.

To be honest, he comes across as a bit of a chancer. Other members of Change UK don't.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I wonder if he will try to remain the MP where he is now, or is he hoping that the LDs will find him a new seat.

To be honest, he comes across as a bit of a chancer. Other members of Change UK don't.

I think I heard something on the news saying he will stand as a Lib Dem where he is now.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Chuka can't seem to make his mind up what he wants to do.  He put his name forward for leadership of the Labour Party and withdrew when considered  to be a strong candidate.  He was one of the main instigators behind the Change Party then changed his mind at the first set back.  At least Anna Soubry is  still giving it a go.

Maybe he's looking at the long game.  I don't see either of these two as being strong leaders.

Lib Dems: Davey and Swinson vie to replace Sir Vince Cable

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48555499

Use one as a caretaker for a year or two until Chuka has got his feet under the table?

In other news, good news for the Lib Dems in today's Yougov poll:

Brex 26%

Lib Dem 22%,

Lab 19%

Con 17%

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/14/voting-intention-brex-26-lib-dem-22-lab-19-con-17-

It will be interesting to see where the Tories go if they get Boris as leader.

Edited by alchresearch

15 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Maybe he's looking at the long game.  I don't see either of these two as being strong leaders.

Use one as a caretaker for a year or two until Chuka has got his feet under the table?

In other news, good news for the Lib Dems in today's Yougov poll:

Brex 26%

Lib Dem 22%,

Lab 19%

Con 17%

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/06/14/voting-intention-brex-26-lib-dem-22-lab-19-con-17-

It will be interesting to see where the Tories go if they get Boris as leader.

The Lib Dems only finished fourth in the Peterborough by-election  which adds weight to Tinfoilhats opinion at the top of this page. 

The Tories are only going to go up in the polls after Boris is elected leader and the Brexit Party will being going down.

Edited by Lockdoctor

15 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

To be honest, I think most Liberal Democrats would still go for somebody like Layla Moran over Chuka Umunna if there were to be another leadership contest further down the road. 

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

:hihi:

That is funny.  I don't think  the Libs Dems can trust Chuka to stay with them long.  I wonder if there is any thing to stop Chucka  joining the SNP next and still staying in London.   The rules do need changing to trigger by-elections when MPs switch parties.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

That is funny.  I don't think  the Libs Dems can trust Chuka to stay with them long.  I wonder if there is any thing to stop Chucka  joining the SNP next and still staying in London.   The rules do need changing to trigger by-elections when MPs switch parties.

He wouldn’t get anywhere near. Ruth Davidson is pretty good, Nicola sturgeon is pretty good and I’m my opinion would be better leaders than any in Westminster at the moment, in fact both would be good leaders of an independent Scotland (pencilled in for 2021).

Thoughts on Chuka Umunna’s defection to Liberal Democrat’s. I always thought that MPs, elected on a party manifesto, should face a bi election if they changed parties. When this MP  started Tiggers, Change/Uk he claimed the electorate voted for him not the party. Having secured a prominent position in the Lib Dem’s I wonder what those who voted for him think now. Personally I think he’s the worst example of the majority of self serving MPs 

Guest makapaka

Career politician - hopefully his constituents will agree next time he’s up for election.

He's trying to weedle himself in somewhere to score big, hopefully the voters will know

Edited by melthebell

he is nothing but a weasel, he talks about morals and values but doesnt hold any