The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Ridicule and put downs are not a great way to respond,  if you dont wish to debate then i am cool with that, just scroll past my post, but dont lower yourself to making it personal...

There’s nothing personal there.

Really. 

There’s a better than average Physics joke, but it also makes a salient point.

Edited by Pettytom

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

Corbyn doesnt owe any loyalty to starmer, he was one of the MP's that stabbed the twice elected leader in the back? why didnt starmer show Corbyn any loyalty? ...starmer got elected by claiming  he was going to  unite the party, and as far as i am concerned he has done nothing of the sort, he is doing his best to rid the party of left leaning supporters, and what was all that nonsense about getting rid of RLB on trumped up charges?

No but he does owe loyalty to his party.   

A party which, after already been  severely damaged by Corbyn's incompetence, stubbornness and questionable behaviour, he has now well and truly thrown back into the mire by opening his mouth.

Whatever the legal position that Corbyn 'thought' was right back when he was playing at being a leader - that party position has changed since the appointment of his successor. 

A successor I would argue who knows a damn sight more about the law than some long-term backbencher whose only real world experience was sorting paper clips out for a union and waving a few placards.

The party has made their decision to settle and publicly apologise.  The party are free to do so without any input from the old fart because he is no longer in charge.   He is a disgrace to be publicly shaming the party that he still wants to actively be part of despite most of those issues arising from his own incompetence and behaviour.  

All goes back to that courage that he 'supposedly' has.  If he doesn't like the decision then he should show some balls, stand down and go independent.  The longer he clings on the longer the damage will linger over the entire organisation.

Edited by ECCOnoob

44 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Corbyn doesnt owe any loyalty to starmer, he was one of the MP's that stabbed the twice elected leader in the back? why didnt starmer show Corbyn any loyalty? ...

if you are going to play the loyalty game then how about the loyalty corbyn showed to previous leaders? 

44 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

starmer got elected by claiming  he was going to  unite the party, and as far as i am concerned he has done nothing of the sort, he is doing his best to rid the party of left leaning supporters, and what was all that nonsense about getting rid of RLB on trumped up charges?

How would you unite the party? 

I appreciate you find this upsetting but the fact remains the electorate has consistently rejected what it considers to be very left parties for over 40 years. Blair understood this and changed the party and is still the most successful leader the party has ever had.  As much as this may upset you, he led a government which did lots of good and was quite lefty. Things like the minimum wage, sure start, devolution, all sorts of equality actions.  

You can have all the ideological purity you like, but the price will be never forming a government. The choice, as they say is yours....

Corbyn doesnt owe any loyalty to starmer, he was one of the MP's that stabbed the twice elected leader in the back? why didnt starmer show Corbyn any loyalty? ...starmer got elected by claiming  he was going to  unite the party, and as far as i am concerned he has done nothing of the sort, he is doing his best to rid the party of left leaning supporters, and what was all that nonsense about getting rid of RLB on trumped up charges?

The irony.  I recall a huge amount of desire during Corbyn’s tenure to rid the party of ‘Blairites.’ 

and what was all that nonsense about getting rid of RLB on trumped up charges?

I’d missed this bit earlier, I was getting my tea.

Long Bailey retweeted an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory and then refused to delete the tweet. Unless Labour are totally clueless, she’ll be well trained in using social media and in anti-racist methodology.

Conclusion? She picked a fight with Starmer on purpose and lost. Either that or she is poorly media trained or stupid. Take your pick.

15 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Long Bailey retweeted an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory and then refused to delete the tweet. Unless Labour are totally clueless, she’ll be well trained in using social media and in anti-racist methodology.

Conclusion? She picked a fight with Starmer on purpose and lost. Either that or she is poorly media trained or stupid. Take your pick.

From what i understand, and correct me if i am wrong, it was one small article that was plucked out of a whole huge post that she re tweeted, what did she tweet that was actually antisemitic?

Ok, i have found this....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1301263/Rebecca-Long-Bailey-maxine-peake-tweet-keir-starmer

The Labour leader dismissed the hard-Left shadow education secretary after she highlighted an interview with the actress Maxine Peake including false allegations linking the Israeli security services with the killing of an unarmed black man by US police.

so if you criticise Israel that makes you antisemitic?

Edited by banjodeano

17 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

That was a bit petty Tom.

Edited by Mister Gee

Ok, i have found this....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1301263/Rebecca-Long-Bailey-maxine-peake-tweet-keir-starmer

The Labour leader dismissed the hard-Left shadow education secretary after she highlighted an interview with the actress Maxine Peake including false allegations linking the Israeli security services with the killing of an unarmed black man by US police.

so if you criticise Israel that makes you antisemitic?

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

From what i understand, and correct me if i am wrong, it was one small article that was plucked out of a whole huge post that she re tweeted, what did she tweet that was actually antisemitic?

You are the one claiming that the charges were “trumped up”, so I guess that you already know and understand the anti-Semitic content of the retweet.

Why did Long Bailey retweet the obvious AS slur and why did she refuse to remove the tweet when asked?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

That was a bit petty Tom.

Soz😀 

A nice veggie curry in a half open Welsh pub. V nice too.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

You are the one claiming that the charges were “trumped up”, so I guess that you already know and understand the anti-Semitic content of the retweet.

Why did Long Bailey retweet the obvious AS slur and why did she refuse to remove the tweet when asked?

Is criticism of Isreal antisemitic?

Ill  ask again, what did she tweet that was antisemitic?

Just now, banjodeano said:

Not necessarily.

Is making false claims against Israel, which single it out unfairly, anti Semitic?

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Ill  ask again, what did she tweet that was antisemitic?

You really don’t know?

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

Not necessarily.

Is making false claims against Israel, which single it out unfairly, anti Semitic?

and again, you answer a question with a question...

what did she tweet that was antisemitic???, criticism of Israel is not antisemitic