Jump to content

The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Recommended Posts

Just now, banjodeano said:

okay Tom, we are going nowhere here, i have asked you several times  now to explain what you are talking about, i am not going to waste anymore time here,, i shall bid you goodnight, have a nice weekend

I really don’t have any simpler words that I can use. I’ve explained very clearly why you and the rest of momentum are entryists. And also why I am not. It is all there in the definitions. Maybe you just don’t like the inescapable truth.

 

If you genuinely don’t understand the simple point I’m making, then I guess that it is time to give up.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Be interesting to see if any actually do this.

 

'Up To 50 MPs Preparing To Quit Labour' If Rebecca Long-Bailey Wins Leadership

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mps-could-desert-labour-if-rebecca-long-bailey-wins-leadership_uk_5e3ae5bbc5b6b5fb438b4073

It just shows you how bad some of the labour MP's are, I suppose they don't believe in democracy unless their boy wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

It just shows you how bad some of the labour MP's are, I suppose they don't believe in democracy unless their boy wins

Yes, I'm wondering if its dirty tricks to scare people into voting Stamer.

 

I don't think either would make an election winning leader, they're just caretakers like we've seen so often in other parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2020 at 12:21, alchresearch said:

And this should upset some today

 

 

24598390-0-image-a-14_1581419175056.jpg

 

Damning new poll of 'real voters' suggest reasons Corbyn lost the election

https://news.sky.com/story/corbyn-and-brexit-to-blame-for-labours-defeat-according-to-poll-from-tory-peer-lord-ashcroft-11931076

Confirming what Labour councillors said;

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/labour-and-jeremy-corbyn-under-fire-from-councillors-leader

 

"the findings of LGA Labour’s councillor survey, which found nearly three-quarters of respondents said Labour’s national leadership was the main reason for voters switching away from the party at the election. About 23% said Brexit was the main reason.

 

Just 12% of respondents thought the manifesto was a vote-winner, half said it was hard to sell overall and 37% said it was “a vote-loser – idealistic but unrealistic”. More than half said there should have been instead a greater focus on social care, while nearly half wanted more emphasis on crime and anti-social behaviour."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2020 at 12:19, banjodeano said:

It just shows you how bad some of the labour MP's are, I suppose they don't believe in democracy unless their boy wins

Maybe it shows that they have principles.

 

And that if those principles are betrayed by their party, they will look elsewhere.

 

Nothing to do with democracy, everything to do with morality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/02/2020 at 13:31, alchresearch said:

Yes, I'm wondering if its dirty tricks to scare people into voting Stamer.

 

I don't think either would make an election winning leader, they're just caretakers like we've seen so often in other parties.

Yes very bizarre watching labour supporters debating which would make the best PM....I can't see any of them connecting with voters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe it shows that they have principles.

 

And that if those principles are betrayed by their party, they will look elsewhere.

 

Nothing to do with democracy, everything to do with morality 

what principles would they be?  and what principles would be betrayed?

the blairite labour mp's really are quite laughable, they say vote for starmer, he will unite the party, but then they say if RLB  wins then we will leave, and you are on here defending that...

I think they really should realise that the membership are the party, not the themselves, they are only there representing the membership, thats why i support mandatory reselection, putting the power back into the hands of the membership, not the hands of the MP's, in any other job if they were not supported by the people they work for they would be out on their arse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

what principles would they be?  and what principles would be betrayed?

the blairite labour mp's really are quite laughable, they say vote for starmer, he will unite the party, but then they say if RLB  wins then we will leave, and you are on here defending that...

I think they really should realise that the membership are the party, not the themselves, they are only there representing the membership, thats why i support mandatory reselection, putting the power back into the hands of the membership, not the hands of the MP's, in any other job if they were not supported by the people they work for they would be out on their arse

I’ll be looking forward to your vigorous support for Kier, once he gets elected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’ll be looking forward to your vigorous support for Kier, once he gets elected.

i see you dodged all the questions i threw at you Tom....??

kier will get my full support, if he turns out to be a socialist as a lot of his supporters says, then that will be great, but i have my doubts.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

i see you dodged all the questions i threw at you Tom....??

kier will get my full support, if he turns out to be a socialist as a lot of his supporters says, then that will be great, but i have my doubts.....

I’m bored of you answering questions with questions. You need a new tactic.

 

Just like Labour, actually. They’ve just lost Bassetlaw and Rother Valley, yet some think that we should plough on with more of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.