The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

" moderates" LOL

So you don't have a better explanation than the article then. If you had you'd be prepared to put it forward.

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I'm still chucking at RLB's comments from during the Gen. Election, when she was stating that she got into politics when she saw the hurt & anguish on the face of her trade union father & the workers of Salford Docks, when he had to tell them they were facing redundancy. 

Then someone did a quick check & found Salford Docks closed when RLB was around 2 years old.  Maybe she was a very perceptive baby? 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/22/labour-hopeful-rebecca-long-bailey-accused-lying-upbringing-11949514/

To be totally fair, I have memories from being around that age.  My family are often astounded at what I can remember.  It's not that common, but I've read it can happen, particularly if it's a memory tied to a lot of emotion.

Don't take that as an endorsement though.  I think the selection is pretty poor, but I am pleased that Jess Philips ruled herself out.  I see her as another self-aggrandizing Swinson type.

Edited by Lex Luthor

6 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Hello comrade. Vote Labour.

As a member, do you think there's evidence of  anti semitism comrade ?

I do. 

I don’t think that the party is institutionally anti-Semitic, but I do think that it has a worrying number of anti-semites as members. I also think that the leadership is reluctant to deal with many of the  perpetrators.  

La lucha  continua.

58 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I do. 

I don’t think that the party is institutionally anti-Semitic, but I do think that it has a worrying number of anti-semites as members. I also think that the leadership is reluctant to deal with many of the  perpetrators.  

La lucha  continua.

But the numbers dont back it up..0.8% of the membership that have been ACCUSED, not found guilty

6 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

But the numbers dont back it up..0.8% of the membership that have been ACCUSED, not found guilty

The numbers don’t back what up?

Almost 1000 accusations of anti semitism in a year.

You might be ok with that. I’m not.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Banjo often posts that "0.8%" because it looks like a small number.  

Just now, Pettytom said:

1000 been accused, but how many were found guilty? Accusations are all very well, but accusations count for nothing, lets not forget Williamson was accused of being antisemitic and said nothing antisemitic, he just failed to go along with the antisemitic bandwagon, cost him his job in the end tho....now if the new nonsense gets implemented from the board of deputies, you can not stand up to defend anyone accused of antisemitism, because you will be found guilty by association, thats how corrupt it has become, its become a tool to keep the left in check, nothing more nothing less

Just now, alchresearch said:

It is what it is, you got any more accurate figures?

Just now, banjodeano said:

1000 been accused, but how many were found guilty? Accusations are all very well, but accusations count for nothing, lets not forget Williamson was accused of being antisemitic and said nothing antisemitic, he just failed to go along with the antisemitic bandwagon, cost him his job in the end tho....now if the new nonsense gets implemented from the board of deputies, you can not stand up to defend anyone accused of antisemitism, because you will be found guilty by association, thats how corrupt it has become, its become a tool to keep the left in check, nothing more nothing less

Are you ok that the party has generated 1000 complaints of antisemitism in a single year?

Are you ok that Labour is only the second party to be investigated by the EHRC? 

Do you know who the other party was?

Are you happy to be in that company?

32 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Are you ok that the party has generated 1000 complaints of antisemitism in a single year?

Are you ok that Labour is only the second party to be investigated by the EHRC? 

Do you know who the other party was?

Are you happy to be in that company?

There you go again, asking loads of questions and never having the decency to answer any back....sigh

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I wonder what the percentage (weight for weight) of potassium cyanide it take to kill a person. I'm sure it's much less than 0.8%.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

There you go again, asking loads of questions and never having the decency to answer any back....sigh

I think I’ve answered every question you’ve asked me.

Now. about these 1000 reports. Are you happy to be a member of a party like  that?

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

I think I’ve answered every question you’ve asked me.

Now. about these 1000 reports. Are you happy to be a member of a party like  that?

Yes but Tom, accusations aren’t facts. Aren’t you really just bandwagoning  with the likes of Ian Austin, Margaret Hodge, John Mann, the Conservative supporting Press etc, because at base you really dislike Corbyn’s  politics ? You’ve already dichotomised ( making up my own dictionary here) by stating “ as a Blairite, we hate the Corbynistas and vice versa “ ( paraphrasing) . 

You don’t need evidence because that would be an inconveniance, it just is. I agree that you will find examples, inevitably, but anti sémitism was weaponised against a decent and good man, and massively exaggerated to demonise Labour. 

Are you happy staying in a party riddled with anti semites ?