The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Just now, banjodeano said:

Form for what? what in the blazes are you talking about?

I've mentioned my Jewish relatives concerns, people I'm literally related to, to you in the past and you've consistently hand waved it off as something unimportant. They beg to differ.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

He's got form. By the looks of it, he thinks my Jewish relatives are making up their concerns.

But take that out of the equation - Labour should not have lost in 2017.

Indeed. But that’s all gone now. 

I’m more concerned with how Labour can win the next election.

This is a very dangerous time for the party. If Johnson looks after his red wall seats properly, it could be the end of the party. A proper leader with good strategic skills is essential to counter this. 

I’m still amazed by Banjo’s dismissal of the antisemitism problem though.

Just now, Pettytom said:

Indeed. But that’s all gone now. 

I’m more concerned with how Labour can win the next election.

This is a very dangerous time for the party. If Johnson looks after his red wall seats properly, it could be the end of the party. A proper leader with good strategic skills is essential to counter this. 

I’m still amazed by Banjo’s dismissal of the antisemitism problem though.

To be fair Johnson doesn't need to - in fact he isn't, he's already withdrawing ÂŁ400 million worth of funding post brexit I believe. But you are right, Labour need to sort themselves out or he'll stroll the next one.

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

To be fair Johnson doesn't need to - in fact he isn't, he's already withdrawing ÂŁ400 million worth of funding post brexit I believe. But you are right, Labour need to sort themselves out or he'll stroll the next one.

He’s in a position where he can finish Labour in the north, for good. If he invests heavily in the North East and in the seats he won locally, they might never go back. That’s starting btw. Check out the plans for rail in the north east.

I’ll bet that destroying the “red wall” is pretty high on his agenda.

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've mentioned my Jewish relatives concerns, people I'm literally related to, to you in the past and you've consistently hand waved it off as something unimportant. They beg to differ.

i dont feel the need to jump on any bandwagon that comes along, the figures dont stack up, if the party was rife with antisemitsm it would be reflected in the figures. i'll throw this question out there, why dont the Tory face the same scrutiny on Islamophobia?

Alternatively “Labour failed to handle anti-semitism properly” McCluskey

Or

Labour still being investigated by EHRC, but banjo says it’s made up nonsense, so they might as well stop.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Alternatively “Labour failed to handle anti-semitism properly” McCluskey

Or

Labour still being investigated by EHRC, but banjo says it’s made up nonsense, so they might as well stop.

where is the evidence? the numbers dont stack up..

incidentally, whats your views on the latest intervention by the board of deputies into the labour party?

6 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

where is the evidence? the numbers dont stack up..

incidentally, whats your views on the latest intervention by the board of deputies into the labour party?

Some of the evidence is in the link you just posted. Did you get past the first paragraph?

Why do you think that the EHRC are investigating the party? Are you slightly embarrassed by that?

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Some of the evidence is in the link you just posted. Did you get past the first paragraph?

Why do you think that the EHRC are investigating the party? Are you slightly embarrassed by that?

I am not saying that there are not individual cases, there are always the odd ones in each party,  but if the party was rife then the numbers would reflect that, but the numbers dont stack up, 

why should i be embarrassed?  if there is a real problem then i would like to know as much as the next man, i do not blindly follow, people that believe the smears blindly follow, do you think the Tories should be investigated for alleged Islamaphobia?

have you ever seen this clip?

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

He’s in a position where he can finish Labour in the north, for good. If he invests heavily in the North East and in the seats he won locally, they might never go back. That’s starting btw. Check out the plans for rail in the north east.

I’ll bet that destroying the “red wall” is pretty high on his agenda.

All he needs to do is talk about it. HS2 should be a good thing for us but with the weapons grade nimbyism being rolled out he can promise it, cancel it - because "we" asked him to. If it's well stage-managed he doesn't need to do anything because we don't do scrutiny any more.

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

why should i be embarrassed?  if there is a real problem then i would like to know as much as the next man, 

And yet, a few posts ago, you were maintaining that the allegations were “bull”

You need to make your mind up.