The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

So they're still fighting each other?

It seems like the left aren't going to give up their hold on the party without a fight.

There's been a surge in Labour membership since the leadership election was announced. This time though, it's reckoned that moderates are (re)joining to thwart the Corbyn continuity candidate.

1 hour ago, altus said:

It seems like the left aren't going to give up their hold on the party without a fight.

There's been a surge in Labour membership since the leadership election was announced. This time though, it's reckoned that moderates are (re)joining to thwart the Corbyn continuity candidate.

" moderates" . Try and think for yourself instead of letting the tabloids or BBC do it for you

7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I don’t think I’m missing any point.

I’d much prefer RLB to Johnson.

It’s just that I’d also prefer a competent leader to RLB.

She's not leader, how can you judge her either way ? You're allowing prejudice ( albeit unconscious) to cloud your judgement.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

" moderates" . Try and think for yourself instead of letting the tabloids or BBC do it for you

She's not leader, how can you judge her either way ? You're allowing prejudice ( albeit unconscious) to cloud your judgement.

isnt it weird how the media are already labelling her Corbyn mark 2, they havent even given her a chance to be hew own person, 

55 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

isnt it weird how the media are already labelling her Corbyn mark 2, they havent even given her a chance to be hew own person, 

How long has she been in Parliament?

I’ve seen enough of her to generate serious doubts about her intellect, her presentation skills and her capacity to lead the change that Labour needs.

Stop blaming the media for everything. Start questioning the current, failing direction of the party.

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Go on then clever clogs - who do you think has been joining and why?

8 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

How long has she been in Parliament?

I’ve seen enough of her to generate serious doubts about her intellect, her presentation skills and her capacity to lead the change that Labour needs.

Stop blaming the media for everything. Start questioning the current, failing direction of the party.

the direction of the party is just great thanks, its moved to the left

10 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

the direction of the party is just great thanks, its moved to the left

And suffered it's worst defeat in 80 odd years .

Just now, Longcol said:

And suffered it's worst defeat in 80 odd years .

most probably due to brexit, how come they didnt suffer as badly in the 2017 election?

51 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

most probably due to brexit, how come they didnt suffer as badly in the 2017 election?

This is the problem.

You and people like you, really believe that to be true.

Its not.

58 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

This is the problem.

You and people like you, really believe that to be true.

Its not.

Thats just your opinion,  as is mine.. fancy having a go at the question i posed for you above? how come they didnt suffer as badly in the 2017 election? ok they lost, but from what i recall they increased their share of the vote, 

15 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Thats just your opinion,  as is mine.. fancy having a go at the question i posed for you above? how come they didnt suffer as badly in the 2017 election? ok they lost, but from what i recall they increased their share of the vote, 

They lost.

Just like the recent election.

Guess what will happen next time, if nothing changes?

Edited by Pettytom