The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

52 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

He is not a shadow of his father...

Though I didn't always agree with his father's left wing views l admired his father too,  but Hilary is more of a centrist and is a remainer too, which his father wouldn't have been. 

Thanks to Corbyn, we now have a sexist, cheating, racist, liar in power for the next 10 years.

This was predicted and yet the labour party members did nothing about it - just harking back to the Glastonbury years.

What are they going to do now? Bitter infighting I guess.

Yet another positive move!!! NOT

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Though I didn't always agree with his father's left wing views l admired his father too,  but Hilary is more of a centrist and is a remainer too, which his father wouldn't have been. 

Hi Janie, What didn’t you agree about Tony Benn’s left wing views that made him admire him?

4 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Thanks to Corbyn, we now have a sexist, cheating, racist, liar in power for the next 10 years.

This was predicted and yet the labour party members did nothing about it - just harking back to the Glastonbury years.

Gi de head a wobble kid.

58 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

He made me vote Labour, I thought he was a great politician.

Met him once - being born into a mining family I found him pretty condescending and he loved talking about himself more than anything - "I told Harold / Jim / Roy / Michael etc that they were wrong blah blah blah and I was proved right blah blah blah"

10 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Hi Janie, What didn’t you agree about Tony Benn’s left wing views that made him admire him?

Gi de head a wobble kid.

eh? At least give me a chance to understand what you mean.

Your nonsensical responses seem to be a common thread looking back into your history - if you can't say something of value - say nothing!

Edited by Litotes

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Met him once - being born into a mining family I found him pretty condescending and he loved talking about himself more than anything - "I told Harold / Jim / Roy / Michael etc that they were wrong blah blah blah and I was proved right blah blah blah"

So did I, in Chesterfield in the early 90’s. Sound bloke.

25 minutes ago, Litotes said:

No...thats thanks to the people who voted Tory...Don't blame Corbyn

18 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You can admire someone for their principles without necessarily agreeing with their position on every issue. 

I also admire Ken Clarke and some other politicians from political parties I don't vote for. 

20 minutes ago, Litotes said:

eh? At least give me a chance to understand what you mean.

Your nonsensical responses seem to be a common thread looking back into your history - if you can't say something of value - say nothing!

13 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

So did I, in Chesterfield in the early 90’s. Sound bloke.

Who in his own eyes had been right about everything since being in Parliament. He desparately wanted to be Labour leader and IMHO had adopted a left wing position to that end. 

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Who in his own eyes had been right about everything since being in Parliament. He desparately wanted to be Labour leader and IMHO had adopted a left wing position to that end. 

Let’s not hang our dirty washing out here mate, the forum Tories have enough meat to get their teeth into. We may disagree but I think he was a good politician and a decent person.