Jump to content

The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

He's entitled to his private opinion. He's part of a broad spectrum of opinion in the Labour Party, everyone knows that the Labour MP's ,as a whole, don't like Corbyn's views. The ability to accept other peoples views is a quality in short supply these days, Corbyn showed it in his answers to the press about it. However, lets watch Ashworths progress from now on ;0)..............

Its stating the obvious to say that he  would never have said it in public during an election campaign.

 

The Conservatives did their blood letting before the election and now every single one of them backs Brexit!   This is another lie  from them that dosen't bear examination. If Johnson loses and resigns on Friday, more will come out of the woodwork with their true feelings and stories of being made to suppress them in order to get behind their wonderful leader.

Thanks for this last sentance Alch but the sarcasm is a little tiresome.

 

 

Other than that - Never trust a Tory.

 

 

Yes we know !

Edited by Michael_W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happens, Friday is going to be very good:

 

If the Tories win, Corbyn will hopefully stand down and maybe Labour can start rebuilding for election 2024 with a more credible opposition.

 

If Corbyn wins, then the UK will be brighter, better and more prosperous, according to his manifesto and claims.

 

If Corbyn wins and he fails dismally, we can all laugh and seeing it crash and burn around them, saying "we told you so".

Labour will be punished again in 2024 and this time people will have much longer memories than those of Brown and Miliband, so expect a good 10-15 years in opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No one got a view on Ashworths  verbal assassination of his esteemed leader Jeremy.  Strangely quiet on the subject.

 

Angel1.

Actually he appeared on Iain Dale's LBC show for an hour - so he was there, taking calls from the public. All credit to him for not running away.

Unlike Boris Johnson or Jacob rees Mogg, who are trying to evade scrutiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Whatever happens, Friday is going to be very good:

 

If the Tories win, Corbyn will hopefully stand down and maybe Labour can start rebuilding for election 2024 with a more credible opposition.

 

If Corbyn wins, then the UK will be brighter, better and more prosperous, according to his manifesto and claims.

 

If Corbyn wins and he fails dismally, we can all laugh and seeing it crash and burn around them, saying "we told you so".

Labour will be punished again in 2024 and this time people will have much longer memories than those of Brown and Miliband, so expect a good 10-15 years in opposition.

They seem to have short memories from Blair, easily forgotten he only caused he deaths of , how many?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lord Harold said:

Blair doesn't count.  He was Tory lite. 

No, he was Labour lite and campaigned under the "New Labour" flag which was the Labour party. 

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, apelike said:

No, he was Labour lite and campaigned under the "New Labour" flag which was the Labour party. 

I know . It was a poor attempt at sarcasm 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Has anyone seen Thornberry, Starmer or Abbott during this election campaign. Just asking, I'm a bit worried about them.

 

Angel1.

Are they in the fridge, with Boris?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Are they in the fridge, with Boris?

They will be in the bin after tomorrow night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apelike said:

No, he was Labour lite and campaigned under the "New Labour" flag which was the Labour party. 

nope, i think the new bit in the moniker gives it away, it was NEW labour, NOT labour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mister M said:

Actually he appeared on Iain Dale's LBC show for an hour - so he was there, taking calls from the public. All credit to him for not running away.

Unlike Boris Johnson or Jacob rees Mogg, who are trying to evade scrutiny.

Agree 100%.   At least he tried to defend himself, which failed dismally if you read the transcript or listen to the clip. Banter, never in a million years, just an honest view of Corbyn.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, melthebell said:

nope, i think the new bit in the moniker gives it away, it was NEW labour, NOT labour

Well I must have missed a new party being formed then.  :huh: As far as I know it was the same Labour Party that elected Blair and also had him as PM, the only difference is they took to endorsing market economics. IIRC it was actually Kinnock that started it all off after his defeat in the election of 1983 when he changed his mind and advocated "A New Deal for Europe and a Square Deal for Britain." Labour may have changed the name back but have not changed much else within the party.

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.