Jump to content

The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Twitter disagrees with you, Angel.

 

It seems that Corbyn came over pretty positively.

 

Maybe you should work on your analytical skills a bit more. After you’ve worked on your counting.

This seems to be the lead story today:

 

General election 2019: No apology from Jeremy Corbyn over Labour anti-Semitism claims

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50564965

 

and this:

 

General election 2019: Corbyn concedes lower earners could pay more tax

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50567979

 

The thing about Twitter is that there are so many sources to follow, which will be tailored to your own point of view.  I've had a look on my feed today and its mostly negative to Corbyn. 

 

Anyway, the top four trending hashtags today are:
 

#Gary Rhodes
#corbyncarcrash
Richard Burgon
#AndrewNeilInterview

 

Perhaps you should look at both sides before petty point scoring against Angel.

Edited by alchresearch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alchresearch said:Perhaps you should look at both sides before petty point scoring against Angel.

I don’t see any point scoring.  I saw the Neil interview and although Corbyn was lacklustre and was ill-prepared he certainly wasn’t ‘torn to shreds’ by Neil.

 

That is just wishful thinking on Angelfire’s part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t see any point scoring.  I saw the Neil interview and although Corbyn was lacklustre and was ill-prepared he certainly wasn’t ‘torn to shreds’ by Neil.

 

That is just wishful thinking on Angelfire’s part.

Jeremy Corbyn stood firm, in spite of Andrew Neil hammering away.  Corbyn answered all the questions, though not necessarily to Neil's liking. His problem was that he was polite and listened to Neil's interruptions and tried to respond when he'd already answered the questions. Boris doesn't listen, just talks over people and never shuts up. Who do you want, a politician who listens, or one who doesn't and is all bluster?

 

As for anti-semitism, it's ironic that Corbyn, who has done more standing up for minorities including the Jewish community, than any other politician, should be harassed like this. He won the Ghandi peace prize for his work for heaven's sake. . .  He's done all he can to counter anti-semitism in the Labour party. What has he got to apologise for?

 

Let's see how Boris does, up againnst the Rottweiler. Andrew Neil.

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anna, the award for not finishing while squirming goes to Corbyn. He did the usual politicians skirting round questions and no doubt there will be more from boris and the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Twitter disagrees with you, Angel.

 

It seems that Corbyn came over pretty positively.

 

Maybe you should work on your analytical skills a bit more. After you’ve worked on your counting.

You are the only person in the country to think that, and that includes St Jeremy's disciples who mostly agree that he made one almighty hash up of the whole interview. Therefore I must conclude that you are out of your depth when discussing politics.

 

Here is a little clue for you  so you can contact your idol and tell him where he went completely off the rails.

 

Neil, "would you like to take this opportunity tonight  to apologize to the British Jewish community",  four time he asked Corbyn, four times he declined to answer.  A simple yes, I apologize would have saved him some face in the car crash interview, but the fool did not have the sense to do it. And you want this twerp to run our country, I despair.

 

Angel1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

four time he asked Corbyn, four times he declined to answer.  A simple yes, I apologize would have saved him some face in the car crash interview,

Why on earth should he?
 

As one of the very few MPs who has consistently fought against antisemitism  and all forms of racism, why should he apologise to anyone?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why on earth should he?
 

As one of the very few MPs who has consistently fought against antisemitism  and all forms of racism, why should he apologise to anyone?

 

 

There are non so blind as those who refuse to see.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

You are the only person in the country to think that, and that includes St Jeremy's disciples who mostly agree that he made one almighty hash up of the whole interview. Therefore I must conclude that you are out of your depth when discussing politics.

 

Here is a little clue for you  so you can contact your idol and tell him where he went completely off the rails.

 

Neil, "would you like to take this opportunity tonight  to apologize to the British Jewish community",  four time he asked Corbyn, four times he declined to answer.  A simple yes, I apologize would have saved him some face in the car crash interview, but the fool did not have the sense to do it. And you want this twerp to run our country, I despair.

 

Angel1. 

Tell me why he should apologise? what has he actually done wrong?

it was a loaded question, if Corbyn said sorry then it would be an admission of guilt (and there is none)...

if he ignored the question then it would be splashed all over the papers that Corbyn refuses to say sorry (as they did)...it was a no win situation, its a shame the sheeple like yourself cant see through the sham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There are non so blind as those who refuse to see.

 

Angel1.

Boris has made openly racist comments. Mirror <-- you should look in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

There are non so blind as those who refuse to see.

 

Angel1.

Believe me I’ve tried, but despite asking for evidence of Corbyn’s antisemitism on countless occasions, all I have ever seen is the same tired old references to his support for Palestine and criticism of the actions of the Israeli state.

 

Maybe you have some evidence which we haven’t seen yet.
 

I won’t hold my breath.  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been posting on this site for over 10 years, and with a few honourable exceptions, most right winger on this forum haven't given two hoots about racism. Except to make silly comments about 'political correctness gone mad', and lampooning those on the left as complaining about racism.

It's almost as if they only started caring about those on the receiving end of racist abuse since some in the Labour Party have been exposed for making anti-Semitic statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've been posting on this site for over 10 years, and with a few honourable exceptions, most right winger on this forum haven't given two hoots about racism. Except to make silly comments about 'political correctness gone mad', and lampooning those on the left as complaining about racism.

Those were my thoughts exactly when I saw film of that appalling attack on two young Jewish boys on the tube in London last week.

 

The fight against antisemitism is not helped by using the issue to score political points and the Chief Rabbi using the plight of his own people to gain a few more grubby votes for the Conservatives should hang his head in shame. 

 

He’s a disgrace. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.