The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

M

19 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Shame that instead of coming up with credible and workable ideas, they come up with nonsense like nationalising broadband and then giving it away for free. It shows not only economic illiteracy, but a weird sense of priorities. 

Meanwhile, Boris has ditched his plans to give MPs vote to bring back hunting. So that's alright.

Nice to know he has our interests at heart. . . 

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

M

Meanwhile, Boris has ditched his plans to give MPs vote to bring back hunting. So that's alright.

Nice to know he has our interests at heart. . . 

Was that ever his plan? It was something that Theresa May wanted to do to appease some of the country vote, but I don't remember Boris every saying he wanted to have a free vote in bring back hunting (something which I'm very glad about). 

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything tho? 

17 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Was that ever his plan? It was something that Theresa May wanted to do to appease some of the country vote, but I don't remember Boris every saying he wanted to have a free vote in bring back hunting (something which I'm very glad about). 

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything tho? 

Boris is also back peddling on the tax cuts now, also the reduction to Corporation tax. I wonder what changed his mind?  Anybody might think he was scared.

You can say what you like about Corbyn, but he is already making a difference. 

4 hours ago, banjodeano said:

So you think that labour party mp's should live in council house's then? And if they dont then they have no rights voicing their opinion..

No, just pointing out that they are just a bunch on hypocrites, that's all.

They're entitled to their opinion, it just that their opinion is that the living wage should be a lot less than they earn as MP's. 

25 minutes ago, BoroB said:

No, just pointing out that they are just a bunch on hypocrites, that's all.

They're entitled to their opinion, it just that their opinion is that the living wage should be a lot less than they earn as MP's. 

So where is your evidence of that?

And also why are they hypocrites? i dont get your rational, if i saw someone living rough on the streets, by your logic then i should not pass comment because i dont live on the streets, Corbyn is doing the best he can for the working class of this country,  whether it is through highlighting the underfunded  NHS, education sector, or the emergency services, or whatever, he is giving them a voice. but because he is a paid MP he shouldn't have a voice?

33 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

So where is your evidence of that?

And also why are they hypocrites? i dont get your rational, if i saw someone living rough on the streets, by your logic then i should not pass comment because i dont live on the streets, Corbyn is doing the best he can for the working class of this country,  whether it is through highlighting the underfunded  NHS, education sector, or the emergency services, or whatever, he is giving them a voice. but because he is a paid MP he shouldn't have a voice?

Labours 'real' living wage commitment, no doubt to be confirmed when they publish their manifesto this week:

https://action.labour.org.uk/page/s/national-living-wage

From Labours website:

'On 12 December you will decide the future of our country for decades to come.
Labour will build a fairer Britain that cares for the many, not the few'

Labours message? The many deserve £10 an hour, the few of us who recommend it don't because we deserve more.

4 minutes ago, BoroB said:

Labours 'real' living wage commitment, no doubt to be confirmed when they publish their manifesto this week:

https://action.labour.org.uk/page/s/national-living-wage

From Labours website:

'On 12 December you will decide the future of our country for decades to come.
Labour will build a fairer Britain that cares for the many, not the few'

Labours message? The many deserve £10 an hour, the few of us who recommend it don't because we deserve more.

what are you waffling on about, you stated ", it just that their opinion is that the living wage should be a lot less than they earn as MP'" i asked you to back up that claim, thats just your opinion, there is no evidence of that whatsoever

5 hours ago, Robin-H said:

It is yes.

The measure I quoted, which was the stock of inward foreign investment, is at a record high. The 'flow' may have decreased, but the 'stock' values are at a record high. Flow values are very volatile, and there was a massive spike in 2016, so it would be misleading to suggest that there is a worrying downward trend. 

OK, so do you mind pointing me to the relevant portion of your link?

17 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

what are you waffling on about, you stated ", it just that their opinion is that the living wage should be a lot less than they earn as MP'" i asked you to back up that claim, thats just your opinion, there is no evidence of that whatsoever

Ah, so you're saying that Labours prospective MP's don't support the policies that are on Labours official website?

3 minutes ago, BoroB said:

Ah, so you're saying that Labours prospective MP's don't support the policies that are on Labours official website?

and which policy would that be? still waiting for your evidence BoroB?

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

and which policy would that be? still waiting for your evidence BoroB?

Just look at the link in post 9181 clearly showing Labours policy of a £10 per hour real living wage, a wa

You don't need Jezza's all sing all dancing free broadband to access the link.

4 minutes ago, BoroB said:

Just look at the link in post 9181 clearly showing Labours policy of a £10 per hour real living wage, a wa

You don't need Jezza's all sing all dancing free broadband to access the link.

Jeeeez, this is like pulling teeth.....

the link says We think Britain’s workers deserve a pay rise. That’s why Labour will raise the Living Wage to £10 an hour, giving low-paid workers on average £2,500 a year extra in their pockets.

but you said.... "it is just that their opinion is that the living wage should be a lot less than they earn as MP's"....  so i'll ask you again, where is your evidence of that?? where does it say that in their opinion  the living wage should be a lot less than they earn??

okay, admit it, you just made that bit up didnt you?