The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

On 12/10/2019 at 21:08, banjodeano said:

remind me again of how many hundreds of thousands the membership has increased compared to when  Corbyn wasnt the leader? and to put it into perspective how they compare to the other political parties?

Was that because of the £3 membership fees at the time?  

Didn't renewals drop significantly when they went back to full price?

Labour Party membership HAS dropped reveals leaked data

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/labour-party-membership-dropped-around-13955850

Are Labour inflating their membership figures?

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-are-labour-inflating-their-membership-figures

Labour had 564,443 members in 2017 – thanks to the massive influx of supporters who joined to support Jeremy Corbyn – but that number had fallen to 518,659 by 31 December 2018.

The Times reported party insiders believe that the real membership is now around 450,000, after ‘lapsed’ members — those who have simply not paid to renew their subscription — are taken into account.

Disillusioned Labour members leaving party at rate of 125 a day

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/labour-party-loses-125-members-a-day-according-to-latest-figures-1.487330

On 12/10/2019 at 17:56, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Please please let it be her, the woman with the toilet mouth would be unelectable. What about Diane, first woman of colour to be Labour Leader, and PM if Boris makes a hash of things.

Angel1.

This woman has got her eye on the top seat.  Hope not though, she's equally awful and has been out of her depth in various interviews related to her role.

Rebecca Long-Bailey says Jeremy Corbyn should 'stand aside' if he loses next General Election

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/13/rebecca-long-bailey-says-jeremy-corbyn-should-stand-aside-loses/

Edited by alchresearch

Just now, alchresearch said:

Was that because of the £3 membership fees at the time?  

Didn't renewals drop significantly when they went back to full price?

Firstly the three pound membership was introduced during the Blair years, it was designed to take power away from the unions, unfortunately it worked against them on this occasion..

I have no idea whether the three pound membership vote has be scrapped or not, but i recall that i read somewhere the party was going bankrupt before Corbyn came to power, the increased membership put it back financially on good footing, to say that the labour party is in financial dire straights again is a bit comical, as i understand the party is still over half a million members strong, a membership the other parties can only dream about

On 13/10/2019 at 20:54, banjodeano said:

I'm a member and i am not worried, please stop believing everything you read in the paper...

Are you saying anti - semitism isn’t happening in the Labour Party ?

14 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Are you saying anti - semitism isn’t happening in the Labour Party ?

Antisemitism and racism is in every party, what i am saying for the umpteenth time is that it has all been blown out of proportion to discredit the labour party

33 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Antisemitism and racism is in every party, what i am saying for the umpteenth time is that it has all been blown out of proportion to discredit the labour party

Tell that to the Jews that it’s been blown out of proportion and any others who are discriminated against.

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

And I'm telling you that your comments smack of being an apologist for antisemites and six million Jews would love to rebut your comments but don't because people with the same attitude as that enabled an Austrian corporal with an inferiority complex to get rid of them.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Dame Louise Ellman MP doesn't seem to think so. 

“Under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, antisemitism has become mainstream in the Labour party. Jewish members have been bullied, abused and driven out. Antisemites have felt comfortable and vile conspiracy theories have been propagated. A party that permits anti-Jewish racism to flourish cannot be called anti-racist.”

“My values – traditional Labour values – have remained the same. It is Labour, under Jeremy Corbyn, that has changed. He has presided over a culture of hatred, fear and intolerance in the Labour party." 

What do you know about what's going in within the party that a Labour member for 55 years and a Labour MP for 22 years doesn't? 

7 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Tell that to the Jews that it’s been blown out of proportion and any others who are discriminated against.

the numbers dont stack up, 0.0%  ACCUSED..!!!! That not even 1%...and in a party that is supposed to be rife with antisemitism?

Dont fall for all the hysteria

6 hours ago, Robin-H said:

Dame Louise Ellman MP doesn't seem to think so. 

“Under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, antisemitism has become mainstream in the Labour party. Jewish members have been bullied, abused and driven out. Antisemites have felt comfortable and vile conspiracy theories have been propagated. A party that permits anti-Jewish racism to flourish cannot be called anti-racist.”

“My values – traditional Labour values – have remained the same. It is Labour, under Jeremy Corbyn, that has changed. He has presided over a culture of hatred, fear and intolerance in the Labour party." 

What do you know about what's going in within the party that a Labour member for 55 years and a Labour MP for 22 years doesn't? 

is she another thats on the Friends of Israel payroll?

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

is she another thats on the Friends of Israel payroll?

Predictable, and disappointing. 

Louise Ellman comes from a Jewish family, and is (I believe) jewish herself. Of course she is going to be active in the jewish labour movement. To suggest (again) that there is some jewish conspiracy where Friends of Israel are paying people to disrupt and discredit the Labour Party for their own gain is shameful. I think you should consider how your comments are coming across on this forum, as you appear to be echoing the reprehensible sentiments and attitudes of the  that led to the horrors of WWII. I hope that I'm mistaken. 

11 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Hark at it «  the Jews »

12 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Louise Ellman comes from a Jewish family, and is (I believe) jewish herself. Of course she is going to be active in the jewish labour movement. To suggest (again) that there is some jewish conspiracy where Friends of Israel are paying people to disrupt and discredit the Labour Party for their own gain is shameful. I think you should consider how your comments are coming across on this forum, as you appear to be echoing the reprehensible sentiments and attitudes of the  that led to the horrors of WWII. I hope that I'm mistaken. 

It’s about time that calling decent people «  anti-Semitic » was made into a hate crime.

25 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Perhaps it may be even the fact that she was facing reselection and decided to jump ship, the coward wasn't happy to face her accusers and put her credibility on the line, she couldn't have been very confident of her popularity, and before you start bleating on  about her being bullied out, its democracy in action, unless you think people should have a job for life...

Oh and what sentiments are those? Please don't hide behind inuendoes, nail your colours to the mast old chap..