The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

It's often said that the left prefer fighting the last battle but Corbyn still seems to think its the 1980's.

Corbyn's response to coming fourth:

The Liberal Democrats won it after doing a deal with Plaid Cymru and the Greens.

Even if they hadn't done a deal and the vote was split three ways, Labour still wouldn't have won.  They'd had probably come 6th.

21 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Corbyn's response to coming fourth:

Even if they hadn't done a deal and the vote was split three ways, Labour still wouldn't have won.  They'd had probably come 6th.

Yup, as usual ignore the problem, they still came behind the brexit party no matter what the Tories and lib dems did. Again no real brexit plan and the ships now sailed and long gone to catch up with

Edited by melthebell

Doing the rounds on Twitter today:

Things to blame for Corbyn’s disastrous leadership:

Centrist dads
Journalists
Labour MPs
Voters
Israel
Tony Blair
Opinion polls
Me
The Deputy Leader
The Boogie

Things definitely not to blame for Corbyn’s disastrous leadership:

Corbyn
Corbyn’s leadership
Corbyn’s leadership team

Read today that Birkenhead MP, Frank Field, who resigned the Lab Whip is intending to stand at the next election as the Birkenhead Social Justice Party candidate. 

Always thought he was a decent bloke, especially as he always appeared to be at odds with both Blair & Brown but obviously his brand of Lab is also at odds with Corbyn as well? 

23 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Read today that Birkenhead MP, Frank Field, who resigned the Lab Whip is intending to stand at the next election as the Birkenhead Social Justice Party candidate. 

Always thought he was a decent bloke, especially as he always appeared to be at odds with both Blair & Brown but obviously his brand of Lab is also at odds with Corbyn as well? 

He must be deluded..

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

He must be deluded..

Be interesting which the voters go for

On 03/08/2019 at 16:32, Baron99 said:

He was a decent MP,  mine for a while.   I always had time for him.  Sadly, because he chose to participate with the government on some poverty programme he was called a "Tory turncoat".

God forbid someone goes beyond party lines to do some good for the country.

Anyway, in other news, I see Corbyn is off to Whaley Bridge now that the danger is over.  Shame he was too busy in Scarborough to bother going when it mattered.

39 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Anyway, in other news, I see Corbyn is off to Whaley Bridge now that the danger is over.  Shame he was too busy in Scarborough to bother going when it mattered.

I’m confused. How does a politician going to the scene of a high profile news story, matter?

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

He was a decent MP,  mine for a while.   I always had time for him.  Sadly, because he chose to participate with the government on some poverty programme he was called a "Tory turncoat".

God forbid someone goes beyond party lines to do some good for the country.

Ha!  Ha!  Ha!        Always backward at coming forward  !!

10 minutes ago, francypants said:

Ha!  Ha!  Ha!        Always backward at coming forward  !!

What does this even mean..

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m confused. How does a politician going to the scene of a high profile news story, matter?

It matters when people are praising Boris for going there when the crisis was in full swing, and slating Corbyn for showing up when the danger is over, and yet another fail for his PR team.

What was so important for Corbyn not to attend last week?  This:

Jeremy Corbyn meets Scarborough autograph hunter Jed Higgins

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/people/video-jeremy-corbyn-meets-scarborough-autograph-hunter-jed-higgins-1-9913641