The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

You fantically defend Corbyn and refuse to engage in any deep conversation  about Corbyn.

Fabulous!

I shall then make the same offer that I made to Angelfire. Show me a single post of mine which shows me fanatically defending Corbyn and I shall pay another £1000 to Sheffield Children’s hospital. 😉

I've just explained it is the volume of posts rather than the specific content of one.

As usual you have ignored the points you can't address.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Fabulous!

I shall then make the same offer that I made to Angelfire. Show me a single post of mine which shows me fanatically defending Corbyn and I shall pay another £1000 to Sheffield Children’s hospital. 😉

I think that’s slightly problematic.. 

You admit that you defend Corbyn (which is of course fair enough) but whether or not something comes across as fanatic is surely a matter of opinion.

If it’s your opinion as to whether something you’ve posted is fanatic or not, it’s not exactly a fair wager.. 

4 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

You admit that you defend Corbyn (which is of course fair enough) but whether or not something comes across as fanatic is surely a matter of opinion.

Not really.

If you look at most of my posts on any of the Brexit threads I am slagging Corbyn off and on more than one occasion have said that Labour must get rid of Corbyn if it wants to present itself as a truly remain party. On threads claiming that Corbyn is an antisemite I defend him because he is clearly not an antisemite.

If half my posts defend Corbyn and half criticise him, you will struggle to say that I am a fanatical supporter or defender of him.

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not really.

If you look at most of my posts on any of the Brexit threads I am slagging Corbyn off and on more than one occasion have said that Labour must get rid of Corbyn if it wants to present itself as a truly remain party. On threads claiming that Corbyn is an antisemite I defend him because he is clearly not an antisemite.

If half my posts defend Corbyn and half criticise him, you will struggle to say that I am a fanatical supporter or defender of him.

That’s fine, but you asked for a single post. As you don’t think it’s possible, in this instance, to determine fanaticism from a single post, it wouldn’t be possible to win your wager. 

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

That’s fine, but you asked for a single post. As you don’t think it’s possible, in this instance, to determine fanaticism from a single post, it wouldn’t be possible to win your wager. 

Not true.

There are a number of posters on here that have demonstrated fanaticism in a single post from Brexit to any number of conspiracy theories.

However I am happy to reissue my challenge as ‘if you can show that I am a fanatical Corbyn supporter based on any or all of my Sheffield Forum postings, I shall donate £1000 to Sheffield Children's Hospital.’

I asked for clarification.

Whom gets to determine what qualifies as a Corbyn fanatic?

7 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Common sense does.

4 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

I asked for clarification.

this is just getting silly, as he has already said, he has slagged Corbyn off, and at times defended him, that can not be classed as fanatical in anyone's book, where are you trying to go with this, your on a loser James

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Common sense does.

Ahh common sense, the old objective yardstick. 

PLP Meeting tonight, and guess what:

Jeremy Corbyn won’t be attending PLP tonight to take questions on antisemitism.

Keir Starmer will be there to discuss Brexit. But MPs say they still intend to raise findings of last week’s Panorama.

One in June was cancelled too, right after the Euro election defeat.

A previous one after the Copeland by-election defeat also had a Corbyn no-show.

Its almost like the leader is burying his head in the sand for some reason, running away from problems.........

Corbyn at the last Labour conference:

spoke more broadly of the need to “protect the freedom of the press to challenge unaccountable power”.

And today:

BBC Panorama refuses Labour's demands to remove anti-Semitism show from iPlayer

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-panorama-refuses-labours-demands-18244603