Jump to content

The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Haha, Jesse Phillips arguing the toss in the street with people from the Asian community about LGBT lessons in their schools. This is the reality of multiculturalism that the likes of Jesse Phillips always buried their heads in the sand about, well its biting them in the bum now isn't it?

What on earth has homophobia got to do with multiculturalism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Haha, Jesse Phillips arguing the toss in the street with people from the Asian community about LGBT lessons in their schools. This is the reality of multiculturalism that the likes of Jesse Phillips always buried their heads in the sand about, well its biting them in the bum now isn't it?

 

Mega lolz!

Sorry but she came across pretty good to me, and its nothing to do with her "burying her head to multiculturalism".

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-48340439/mp-jess-phillips-in-lgbt-teaching-row-with-protester

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What on earth has homophobia got to do with multiculturalism?

It is primarily the Muslim community that are against the LGBT rights education in schools the most. This was always going to be the case, Islam and LGBT rights don't exactly go together. Its  going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

It is primarily the Muslim community that are against the LGBT rights education in schools the most. This was always going to be the case, Islam and LGBT rights don't exactly go together. Its  going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.

its to do with religion, not multicultralism, funnily enough there IS gay muslims too you know? and christians

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

It is primarily the Muslim community that are against the LGBT rights education in schools the most. 

Really? 

 

Most homophobia in the UK is perpertrated by white folk (as is child sexual abuse).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really? 

 

Most homophobia in the UK is perpertrated by white folk (as is child sexual abuse).

 

Try and fudge the issue all you want but the most vociferous opposition to this is in the schools that are predominantly Muslim. I stand with them on this as it happens; I'm just having fun watching the lefties get in a tangle over it.

Edited by Yeah but

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yeah but said:

Try and fudge the issue all you want but the most vociferous opposition to this is in the schools that are predominantly Muslim. I stand with them on this as it happens; I'm just having fun watching the lefties get in a tangle over it.

The left have consistantly opposed homophobia which is why Jess Phillips is at the school.

 

The only people in a tangle are those on the right who don't like gay and trans people and don't like brown people either so are not sure what to do about homophobic brown people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The left have consistantly opposed homophobia which is why Jess Phillips is at the school.

 

The only people in a tangle are those on the right who don't like gay and trans people and don't like brown people either so are not sure what to do about homophobic brown people.

Minority communities had always recognised that they had a friend in the left, because the left wanted them here and helped keep the racists of their backs etc, but when it comes to social issues , certain immigrant communities and the left have always been strange bed fellows, but while ever the were a small minority it wasn't really a problem, but now, in places like Birmingham where they are quite a sizeable proportion of the population, as Jesse Phillips has now found out,  it has become a problem. This was foreseen by sensible people that were not listened and now you reap what you sow.

Edited by Yeah but

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yeah but said:

Minority communities had always recognised that they had a friend in the left, because the left wanted them here and helped keep the racists of their backs etc, but when it comes to social issues , certain immigrant communities and the left have always been strange bed fellows, but while ever the were a small minority it wasn't really a problem, but now, in places like Birmingham where they are quite a sizeable proportion of the population, as Jesse Phillips has now found out,  it has become a problem. This was foreseen by sensible people that were not listened and now you reap what you sow.

you dont solve a problem (ie:- homophobia) by creating a new one (ie:- islamophobia), 2 wrongs DO NOT make a right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yeah but said:

Minority communities had always recognised that they had a friend in the left, because the left wanted them here 

Really?  Minority communities recognised that they had a friend in the left because those communities were overwhelmingly poor and working class which is the traditional constituency of the left.

 

Ironically many early Labour councillors were not only trade unionists but also small businessmen and women who would normally be natural Tories but were not made very welcome by the white, middle class business community. Remember, when the National Front, British Movement and BNP were putting dog crap through Asian shopkeepers letterboxes, the only political support they got was from the left of the Labour and Trades Union movement while the Conservative Party were holding conferences in Bournemouth discussing repatriation motions and how to oppose Callaghan's Race Relations Act.

 

Homophobia has always been a feature of the right. Gay rights has always been an issue for the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's discusting! 

That Jeremy Corbyn doesn't make a single warm word for Theresa May on the day she cried in front of the cameras. Discusting.

 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7066771/Without-single-warm-word-Theresa-Corbyn-calls-IMMEDIATE-general-election.html

 

(Actually he did, but that doesn't fit with their narrative)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2019 at 14:03, Top Cats Hat said:

Really? 

 

Most homophobia in the UK is perpertrated by white folk (as is child sexual abuse).

 

In absolute or percentage terms?

Do you find it disturbing people protesting outside a school outraged at kids being told it's ok to be gay, and taught the wrongs of homophobia?

I do. Many people will be concerned the intolerance of islam being pandered to.

It is of prime importance values of tolerance aren't trampled on by religious zealots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.