The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

16 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

Unfortunately he is perceived to have done so...reinforced by the company he has kept over the years.

Perception is everything.

At one point I perceived Tony Blair to be a new type of politician and was persuaded to vote for him...

Now I know better.

Back then I perceived politicians as generally honest people, who at least were trying to make the world a better place.

Now after shelling out for their flipped houses, broken pipes under tennis courts and moat drainage, I think otherwise.

Especially as they do not honour the promises they were elected on.

Call be old fashioned, but if I promise to do something...I do it.

They are all in it for the power and the money...why else would they study the subject at University, unless expecting some career payback?

Politicians should be born, not trained...

Give me a Dennis Skinner over an Yvette Cooper or a David Cameron any day...at least the guy knows something of the world outside politics.

I agree with the comment about Dennis Skinner 

Despite the wannabees on here supporting the soldiers' actions, in the real world real soldiers who have really served their country like Tom Tugendhat, Rory Stewart and Dan Jarvis have utterly condemned the action.

Meanwhile MPs have been urged to take taxis home and not travel alone because of serious risks to their security. 

26 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Despite the wannabees on here supporting the soldiers' actions, in the real world real soldiers who have really served their country like Tom Tugendhat, Rory Stewart and Dan Jarvis have utterly condemned the action.

Meanwhile MPs have been urged to take taxis home and not travel alone because of serious risks to their security. 

I suspect you will find a big gulf in attitudes between the three commissioned officers mentioned above, and the lower ranks.

That seems to be the case with the ex services people I have met...

37 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I also suspect that if you made Dan Jarvis leader, then you would get a much better chance of power...I for one would vote for him.

Despite the political training, I suspect Dan Jarvis is a man who understands the British public more than Jeremy ever will.

2 hours ago, retep said:

"Why we shouldn’t forget Jeremy Corbyn’s contemptible past"

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/why-we-shouldnt-forget-jeremy-corbyns-contemptible-past/

Oh look, an article on Jeremy Corbyn in a right wing, Conservative supporting magazine!

That will be really impartial.🙄

Have to say the behaviour of those soldiers is totally abhorrent.  

They should be forced to leave the army.  

2 hours ago, crazyhorse said:

I suspect you will find a big gulf in attitudes between the three commissioned officers mentioned above, and the lower ranks.

That seems to be the case with the ex services people I have met...

So because the lower ranks have appalling attitudes or show objectionable behaviour, does it make it okay because they're on the front line?

37 minutes ago, bendix said:

I suspect that they will be if identified.

The kid who posed for selfies with Wee Tommy Robinson (and other things) was disciplined by the army, and that was before it became a 'thing' to threaten and plot to murder MPs.  Also friends I know on facebook have seen and reported a number of death threats against MPs to both facebook and the police. 

These people are so dumb that not only do they post this crap under their real names but there is also apparently a 'works at' section on their facebooks where they identify their employers. Lots of screenshots of vile content currently flying by email to personnel departments around the UK.

3 hours ago, retep said:

Owd Jeremy eh.

"Why we shouldn’t forget Jeremy Corbyn’s contemptible past"

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/why-we-shouldnt-forget-jeremy-corbyns-contemptible-past/

Don't forget he's also a vampire!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3660328/Labour-dump-vampire-Jeremy-Corbyn-DAN-HODGES-says.html

54 minutes ago, bendix said:

I agree, soldiers like them bring shame to the British Army. 

6 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I agree, soldiers like them bring shame to the British Army. 

but they are real patriots dont you know :P