The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What other issue would people be voting on?

In a GM, really?

12 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

My brass would be on Keir Starmer to replace Corbyn. Although Momentum will pick the new leader I guess.

Angel1.

Stop talking twaddle, the members pick the leader

23 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Unless things have changed, the membership will elect a new leader.

That was before momentum stuck its oar in.

Angel1

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

Speaking of leaders, I see the leader of the new Brexit Party has had to resign because hard right wing loons and racists  have attached themselves to the party like leeches.

22 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The bulk of Labour voters voted against Brexit. The bulk of the membership of the Labour Party oppose Brexit.

On the single most important issue in decades, the membership are completely in tune with Labour voters.

I find that difficult to believe. Every single mate I have who are Liebourites certainly do not oppose Brexit. and the majority of them, not all, want Brexit to mean Brexit, not some watered down half in half out abortion that we have been presented with.

Angel1.

22 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A huge mistake that Leave supporters make when talking about the 'Labour Backlash' in leave constituencies is they don't really have any understanding of what form that backlash will take. 

Without doubt, there will be significant numbers of Labour voters who won't vote for an anti-Brexit Labour Party but what is more important is what they do, if anything, with their vote. To think that they will all vote Conservative is bonkers, even more so in light of the Tories' recent shambles. In reality, a lot will vote for Farage's new Brexit Pary. Others will vote UKIP, BNP or Britain First and many will show their annoyance by not voting at all. With the right and far-right vote split, the most likely outcome would be Labour retaining most of these seats albeit with reduced majorities.

An anti-Brexit Labour Party promising to sack the whole thing off would absolutely rinse the Lib Demn vote and may even pick up a lot of Tory marginals, particularly  in the South of England. Scottish Tories will pay the price of May's foolishness and lose the seats gained in 2017 to either Labour or the SNP.

So yes, Labour could easily sweep to victory.

And the massive boost to sterling and the markets on the news of a Labour victory promising the end of Brexit would give Labour a huge pile of cash with which to implement a radical programme. This is a chance in a lifetime where a radical left wing Labour Party could come to power without frightening the markets. If Corbyn doesn't realise this then he should be told and if he still wants to put his childish, outdated Euroscepticism first, he needs to go, and go sooner rather than later.

Hans christian andersen would be proud of that story. It is worth 9/10 for effort.

Angel1

10 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I find that difficult to believe. Every single mate I have who are Liebourites certainly do not oppose Brexit.

Yes, but polls carried out by reputable organisations after the referendum are more representative of reality than your (or my) narrow circle of mates.

26 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

what are you waffling on about? the members decide who gets elected, it has nothing to do with Momentum...

Corbyn once again showing he's hardly Prime Minister material. 

"I'm going home, I'm taking my ball with me"

Corbyn walks out of PM’s Brexit meeting over Umunna invite

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/corbyn-quits-party-leaders-brexit-meeting-over-umunna-invite

On 18/03/2019 at 13:15, Anna B said:

Then the Tories will get in again and you will have missed a golden opportunity.

Jeremy Corbyn personally is no lover of Europe, but he is doing his duty by the party membership and as opposition leader - unfortunately this is a huge muddle for all - nobody knows who's on what side because it should have been cross party from the start and wasn't, so both Labour and Conservatives have a mix of remainers and leavers trying to fight it out in each party. But I'd trust him to do a better job for everybody than anybody in the Conservatives.

Really? He's such a good leader that he walked out of  a crisis meeting with the PM on the eve of the biggest catastrophy in the UK since WW2 - just because his feelings were hurt by Chukka U. being there.

How old is he? Five? This is the "leader" that you venerate and espouse so much? He's a total liability - when we actually needed someone, anyone to actually be well, Leader of the Opposition, crybaby Corbyn walked away with his dummy.

40 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Really? He's such a good leader that he walked out of  a crisis meeting with the PM on the eve of the biggest catastrophy in the UK since WW2 - just because his feelings were hurt by Chukka U. being there.

How old is he? Five? This is the "leader" that you venerate and espouse so much? He's a total liability - when we actually needed someone, anyone to actually be well, Leader of the Opposition, crybaby Corbyn walked away with his dummy.

I wonder if Chukka was a member of Hamas or Hezbollah Corbyn would have agreed to attend a meeting with him..? He’s said how important that is in the past.. 

Edited by Robin-H

Oh I'm sure he'd have been in like a shot. Anything for the comrades or whatever right.....