The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Indeed.

And let's not forget that during this time the Tories' right wing policies have also become more extreme and enjoyed unfettered progression to the point where they now have a full Neoliberal agenda; the Banks, the multinationals, super-rich  and the mega-Corporations are in charge, and totally unchallenged, until the arrival of Jeremy Corbyn. He intends to redress the balance with a return to proper democracy and fairness.  No wonder they are so desperate to get rid of him, by fair means or foul.

lol

A piece about the new book about Corbyn and the supposed lies and mis truths in it about him

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/tom-bower-book-dangerous-hero-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leader-truth

interestingly the author of this piece says

Meanwhile, Bower’s ruminations have been publicised at enormous length in the Mail on Sunday (a sister publication to the Daily Mail, for which I write a weekly political column). [/quote

which means

A: he knows exactly what a lie is.

B: he isnt biased towards labour being part of the right wing daily mail?

Edited by melthebell

36 minutes ago, melthebell said:

A piece about the new book about Corbyn and the supposed lies and mis truths in it about him

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/tom-bower-book-dangerous-hero-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leader-truth

interestingly the author of this piece says

Thanks for the link..

i feel sorry for the gullible  people who bought the book and  didnt  realise it was  a work of fiction

On 08/03/2019 at 10:07, alchresearch said:

This is what I don't understand.  I supported and voted Labour in every election from 1992 to 2010. 

In all that time my concern was with UK politics and getting the Tories out.  Jews, Israel and Zionism wasn't even on my list, and still isn't.  I don't recall any election leaflets in Sheffield concerning anything other than the other two parties.

And I don't understand this:

Labour conference: Members fill hall with Palestinian flags
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45634379

Don't we have enough things in the UK to care about?  Which country does the Labour party want to represent?

it probably because of things like this

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/4/un_finds_israel_intentionally_shot_children?fbclid=IwAR2ChvMM_eeLn2g_4HqBc42ANyTcrpbr8DreL814544qwta2T8N-mnSOrwU

U.N. Finds Israel Intentionally Shot Children, Journalists & the Disabled During Gaza Protests

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

it probably because of things like this

https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/4/un_finds_israel_intentionally_shot_children?fbclid=IwAR2ChvMM_eeLn2g_4HqBc42ANyTcrpbr8DreL814544qwta2T8N-mnSOrwU

U.N. Finds Israel Intentionally Shot Children, Journalists & the Disabled During Gaza Protests

just a thought how did the disabled get the front of the protests?

7 minutes ago, phil752 said:

just a thought how did the disabled get the front of the protests?

The report found Israeli forces have killed 183 Palestinians—almost all of them with live ammunition.

The dead included 35 children. Twenty-three thousand people were injured, including over 6,000 shot by live ammunition. 

and you ask how did the disabled get to the front?

you need to ask different questions Phil..

18 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

The report found Israeli forces have killed 183 Palestinians—almost all of them with live ammunition.

The dead included 35 children. Twenty-three thousand people were injured, including over 6,000 shot by live ammunition. 

and you ask how did the disabled get to the front?

you need to ask different questions Phil..

I thought it was a genuine one, or do you seek to ignore it, or are saying it was carpet bombing?

Edited by phil752

On 09/03/2019 at 09:26, banjodeano said:

anyway, did you have a think about this question i asked you a while back.."

what do you think about the blairites wanting people suspended for standing by Chris Williamson (yet no guilty of anything)  just because they do not denounce him as being antisemitic" ...?

EDIT...

Apparently this video was posted by a former Labour Mayor on fb and by doing so he has been accused of antisemitism and suspended from the Labour Party pending investigation!

https://news.sky.com/video/george-galloway-labour-anti-semitism-issue-is-all-a-lie-11642728?fbclid=IwAR1r7CuENHMavBgwNFx-vkiFLp0vDUrD3d2g09GdZNgeP2h7RUr84BlpjMk

What do I care about Blairites doing this that and the other?  Not much really, except a small feeling of joy that Labour continues to tear itself apart from the inside, as it has done for decades.  

To be honest, I spend very little time thinking or caring about Labour Party problems.  It’s like watching  petty squabbles in a 1980s student union society. 

28 minutes ago, bendix said:

What do I care about Blairites doing this that and the other?  Not much really, except a small feeling of joy that Labour continues to tear itself apart from the inside, as it has done for decades.  

To be honest, I spend very little time thinking or caring about Labour Party problems.  It’s like watching  petty squabbles in a 1980s student union society. 

Really? So why do you spend your time on here contributing to this thread?

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Really? So why do you spend your time on here contributing to this thread?

Because while I care little about the causes or the fights themselves, I do enjoy seeing and assessing their impact on the wider political landscape.  And, as I've said before, I'm fascinated by the increasing alignment of far right and far left political thought.

Just because I care little about Blairite's views on Chris Williamson and his friends, doesnt mean I can't be interested in the wider political context, surely.

4 minutes ago, bendix said:

Because while I care little about the causes or the fights themselves, I do enjoy seeing and assessing their impact on the wider political landscape.  And, as I've said before, I'm fascinated by the increasing alignment of far right and far left political thought.

Just because I care little about Blairite's views on Chris Williamson and his friends, doesnt mean I can't be interested in the wider political context, surely.

Lets break this down shall we, 

You have spent ages writing post after post about antisemitism in the labour party, you have argued constantly that peoples claims about it all being fake news and nothing but a stick in which to beat Corbyn as rubbish,  and in some cases you dismissed it all with sarcasm.

I give you the stories and claims that back up my views, i explain in great detail what is happening within the party, and why the power struggle is taking place, why the left and right are fighting each other, and then you say.......

"To be honest, I spend very little time thinking or caring about Labour Party problems."

And there we have it, you openly admit that you have given it little thought, so how can you pass judgement on antisemitism in the party if you have given little thought to it, how can you form an opinion if you dont think about it?

To claim that you care little about the Blairites and Williamson in the party and that it doesnt stop you having a wider political interest is bonkers, you only have half of the information, its like a judge going to court and only listening to one side of the story because the other side doesnt interest him..you really need to take a wider view of politics, open your eyes a little more and get the grey matter working a bit more

27 minutes ago, bendix said:

Absolutely, and in addition to Banjodeano's post above, your claim might have more credibility if you'd spend as much time nitpicking on the Conservative Party thread

Edited by Mister M