The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

So the far left and far right have similar views on workers’s rights, racial equality, women’s rights, disabled rights, LBGTQ rights, wealth distribution, law and order, capital and corporal punishment, education, abortion rights, religion, education, free thinking, and democracy?

I would say that their views are actually polar opposites. 🙄

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory

17 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Even the full story leaves me none the wiser. Apparently a relative of Len Murray has been proposed for secondment to a committee dealing with antisemitic complaints.

Not quite.   

The same relative has had to hurriedly delete her Twitter posts and account because she got into a spat by lying about Rachel Riley and is now having to deal with a libel case.

Someone handling antisemitic complaints needs to be whiter than white, not fighting online with Jews.

Edited by alchresearch

Another dark turn.  I just wish this would get dealt with once and for all.

The Labour Party may have unlawfully discriminated against Jewish people, the UK's human rights watchdog says.

The Equalities and Human Rights Commission said it was considering launching a formal investigation into anti-Semitism in the party.

Anti-Semitism: Labour faces possible human rights probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47482048

And yet Corbyn's allies continue to staunchly deny it, suggesting it's a conspiracy or that Israel is behind it all, whipping the media and their friends into a frenzy.  I've said this many times before but there is little to choose between the pyschology of Corybynism and Trumpism.  Two sides of the same coin.

Edited by bendix

14 minutes ago, bendix said:

And yet Corbyn's allies continue to staunchly deny it, suggesting it's a conspiracy or that Israel is behind it all, whipping the media and their friends into a frenzy.  I've said this many times before but there is little to choice between the pyschology of Corybynism and Trumpism.  Two sides of the same coin.

yep, you nailed it there....the whole establishment are after Corbyn, kind of makes you wonder why doesn't it?

whats your views on Joan Ryan meeting an Israeli lobbyist talking about taking  down MP's?

whats your views on Labour friends of Israel getting funds from Jewish donors and then moaning about Antisemitism in the party...?

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

yep, you nailed it there....the whole establishment are after Corbyn, kind of makes you wonder why doesn't it?

whats your views on Joan Ryan meeting an Israeli lobbyist talking about taking  down MP's?

whats your views on Labour friends of Israel getting funds from Jewish donors and then moaning about Antisemitism in the party...?

You proved my point perfectly there.

Typical Corbynite response.  There's no antisemitism; it's all been stirred up by those jews.

And here's the rub - that kind of line is delivered with absolutely no sense of irony.  

1 minute ago, bendix said:

You proved my point perfectly there.

Typical Corbynite response.  There's no antisemitism; it's all been stirred up by those jews.

And here's the rub - that kind of line is delivered with absolutely no sense of irony.  

and you kind of prove my point, i threw a couple of curved balls at you and you ducked them by saying..."Its a typical corbynite response", you are just as blinkered as the people you accuse

Just now, banjodeano said:

and you kind of prove my point, i threw a couple of curved balls at you and you ducked them by saying..."Its a typical corbynite response", you are just as blinkered as the people you accuse

and also, what do you think about the blairites wanting people suspended for standing by Chris Williamson (yet no guilty of anything)  just because they do not denounce him as being antisemitic...?

This is turning into a real media fed witch hunt, with all the familiar hysteria and knee jerk reactions.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

This is turning into a real media fed witch hunt, with all the familiar hysteria and knee jerk reactions.

The thing is Anna, most people dont look beyond the headlines, and when you point things out that doesnt ring true they bury their heads back in the sand, talk about Sheeple

43 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

They're not curve balls at all.  I would see it as absolutely normal that a group called Labour Friends of Israel would receive jewish donor money.  Why is that so odd.  As for Joan Ryan, given she left the party because of anti-semitism it is hardly surprising she would engage with Israeli lobbyists.   

But that you and your fellow travellers dismiss claims of antisemitism as being caused by Jews . .  well, I dont know what to say.