The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Good News for Labour supporters - the Guardian has, apparently, located the Ed Stone in a south London garage.Thus it will be easy to remind all those entitled to vote in the leadership elections what the candidates all stood for !

What did they stand for?

Some vague, poorly thought out statements written on a huge slab of stone??

Hopefully it is to be re-written with some sort of apology for the transgressions they committed during their last terms in office.

What did they stand for?

Some vague, poorly thought out statements written on a huge slab of stone??

When that came out you knew it was the beginning of the end for milliband...twitter had a field day, charlton heston etc.

When that came out you knew it was the beginning of the end for milliband...twitter had a field day, charlton heston etc.

Stuff Twitter ubermaus... if people decide there life choices, or political choices, or base their decision making processes on moronic 'headline only' sites then goodness help us all! (though I actually think modern propaganda is almost entirely social media based, and people are becoming thicker as a result... so I've got the prayer book out :hihi:)

Bold: I don't know when that came out, but it by no means could possibly have been a major contribution to his failed campaign. His campaign lost because as soon as he spoke, most people thought it was crap, simple as that.

The election results show this, and regardless of the unions now planning strikes to use their members as political pawns, or a few lefties going to 'rent-a-riot' type events, he tried to show himself as stand up for the working man as he said, but in the meanwhile ******* off all the people who employ the working men; he didn't show Labour values, he , in fact, I can't think of anything that he did right!

They lost because (like I said in the pre-election thread) ALL his talks were about the bottom 1% (poorest), and the 1% (richest). In effect his campaign was just aimed at 1% of the population. I said these words after the TV debates.

The poorest will always vote Labour, so he was wasting his time on given votes. Places like Sheffield, Liverpool etc., Labour strong holds.

What he failed to do is recognise that old lesser Labour strongholds are doing better now, and are ****** off at morons being thrown in to these places, just like we had in Hillsborough and Brightside - yet in said places, people still vote for them.

Labour is dead, I said that in the [pre-election] thread too, and I'll find it if you don't believe me.

Their new candidates aren't good enough. None of them. With more cuts inevitable, a strong leader would Waltz into the next PM. As it is, you are looking at 2 terms (based on current world events).

What Labour need to do is find a Sturgeon type person. (like Prescott, but with brains)

If Labour is dead on 9.3 million votes, the Tories are dying too with only 11.3 million.

A ten seat majority is not a strong government, nor is it a big mandate from the electorate.

I see chuka has pulled out. Sensible chap, but glad I didn't put that quid on him to win the leadership election.

If Labour is dead on 9.3 million votes, the Tories are dying too with only 11.3 million.

A ten seat majority is not a strong government, nor is it a big mandate from the electorate.

Its the way in which these votes are distributed across the country, but I wouldn't believe the hype that Labour are dead. They will always be a force in British politics no matter what people may say.

I see chuka has pulled out. Sensible chap, but glad I didn't put that quid on him to win the leadership election.

From the BBC:

The MP, 36, said in a statement that he was not comfortable with the level of pressure and scrutiny that came with being a leadership candidate.

What on earth did he expect? Does he have skeletons he was worried the tabloids might dig up?

And:

I understand that Chuka Umunna has told friends that "this is not right for me or people close to me. I'm human, the rest of my life is more important to me than politics."

Why is he even in politics in the first place?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32748106

From the BBC:

What on earth did he expect? Does he have skeletons he was worried the tabloids might dig up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32748106

he is probably just riding out the years of Labour being in the dark before they become electable again.

he is probably just riding out the years of Labour being in the dark before they become electable again.

I think Labour will have quite a few leaders before they get one with a chance of being Prime Minister. One trick is to get your timing right so you aren't another Ed Miliband. The other is to have some policies that an electorate might vote for like Tony Blair.