The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How many of those things were in the last Labour manifesto?

none, why?

Just watching This Week and seen death by TV on Ken Livingston, QT was not much better for the Labour rep there, trying to talk out,  his and Corbyn support for Venezuela

Angela Smith tipped to form new breakaway party.

Labour traling, when they should be capitalising.

Where is the effective opposition we need, that represents traditional Labour voters instead of corbynistas???

1 minute ago, woodview said:

Angela Smith tipped to form new breakaway party.

Labour traling, when they should be capitalising.

Where is the effective opposition we need, that represents traditional Labour voters instead of corbynistas???

Oh crikey, here we go again, how many times have they threatened to form a breakaway party?

they will not do it, they will never get elected again, and they will be off the gravy train...

To be honest i wish they would just get on with it and stop all the talk, 

Just now, banjodeano said:

Oh crikey, here we go again, how many times have they threatened to form a breakaway party?

they will not do it, they will never get elected again, and they will be off the gravy train...

To be honest i wish they would just get on with it and stop all the talk, 

When will we get an electable opposition?

When will we get an electable opposition?

more to the point, when will we get a credible government?

strong and stable #### strong and stable ####strong and stable lol

Just now, banjodeano said:

more to the point, when will we get a credible government?

strong and stable #### strong and stable ####strong and stable lol

So, the current government is in turmoil. Agreed.

Why aren't Labour opposing effectively? They are worse.

We don't have a credible opposition. For lots of people, the Tories are the lesser of two evils. Hence Labour are behind in the polls, at a time when they should be surging ahead.

So, the current government is in turmoil. Agreed.

Why aren't Labour opposing effectively? They are worse.

We don't have a credible opposition. For lots of people, the Tories are the lesser of two evils. Hence Labour are behind in the polls, at a time when they should be surging ahead.

The government in turmoil? hahaha thats one way to describe it, they cant make party policy unless they consult the DUP first...lol

I have said it a million times, but i will say it again, Corbyn doesn't get a fair representation, you only had to see what the supposedly impartial Fiona Bruce did to Abbott on question time, and this is from the BBC, if he was treated fairly then i am sure the labour party would be polling higher, that is assuming the polling is accurate..

You only have to look at the one sided media coverage over the Venezuela  sage to see  how people can be easily manipulated

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

The government in turmoil? hahaha thats one way to describe it, they cant make party policy unless they consult the DUP first...lol

I have said it a million times, but i will say it again, Corbyn doesn't get a fair representation, you only had to see what the supposedly impartial Fiona Bruce did to Abbott on question time, and this is from the BBC, if he was treated fairly then i am sure the labour party would be polling higher, that is assuming the polling is accurate..

You only have to look at the one sided media coverage over the Venezuela  sage to see  how people can be easily manipulated

What would you have liked the BBC to cover that Corbyn has said or has done recently that they haven't? The fall in support is down the Corbyn's position on Brexit (both leavers and remainers are disappointed with Labour's stance). What could the BBC have done to change this? 

14 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

What would you have liked the BBC to cover that Corbyn has said or has done recently that they haven't? The fall in support is down the Corbyn's position on Brexit (both leavers and remainers are disappointed with Labour's stance). What could the BBC have done to change this? 

Exactly. Same as it always been. Labour has had press against them on the past. Nothing different now.

Labour needs to step up  and look in the mirror, not finger point.

11 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

In my opinion, he is not shown in the same light as May, a lot of the articles they show on the BBC have an anti corbyn slant, please dont waste your time saying i am bias and i will not hear anything said against saint Jeremy ...yada yada yada...

but you only had to look at how Abbott was treated on QT, they were even making jokes about her to the audience before the show started...

this video explains it perfectly..

4 minutes ago, woodview said:

Exactly. Same as it always been. Labour has had press against them on the past. Nothing different now.

Labour needs to step up  and look in the mirror, not finger point.

We cant let the media decide who should lead the labour party, we cant pick someone like Blair again just so the media will like him and see him as Tory lite, no we have to strive for a fair media  representation..

Can i ask you one question, you agree that the Tory party is in a mess, why do you never say anything against the Tories on the Tory thread, why only voice you anger on a labour party thread when they are not even in power?

15 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

In my opinion, he is not shown in the same light as May, a lot of the articles they show on the BBC have an anti corbyn slant, please dont waste your time saying i am bias and i will not hear anything said against saint Jeremy ...yada yada yada...

but you only had to look at how Abbott was treated on QT, they were even making jokes about her to the audience before the show started...

this video explains it perfectly..

We cant let the media decide who should lead the labour party, we cant pick someone like Blair again just so the media will like him and see him as Tory lite, no we have to strive for a fair media  representation..

Can i ask you one question, you agree that the Tory party is in a mess, why do you never say anything against the Tories on the Tory thread, why only voice you anger on a labour party thread when they are not even in power?

Banjo, you defend DA that takes some front , she should not be an mp. Its ok to say she was voted in etc but same as here,if you put a red rosette on a greyhound it would be elected. The tories are in a bad place and will be for some time to come but a Corbyn government? can't see it happening. We desperately need a credible party to stop this crap two party system we are stuck with.