The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

On 21/01/2019 at 15:36, hobinfoot said:

I've just watched this episode to see what the fuss was about. I didn't think Dian Abbot was treated badly by Fiona Bruce. When she did interrupt her it was usually to say that DA was repeating herself.

I cant agree with that, having just watched this video, the programme is pulled apart piece by piece, and it clearly shows the bias against Abbott, its over 30 minutes long but well worth watching if you want to be enlightened by the subtleties from the BBC

18 hours ago, convert said:

Agreed, like there being no seats on a train...

Or being a huge fan of I'm a Celebrity.

Jeez if people think the BBC is biased against Labour, they are living in cuckoo land. Also their bias against brexit isn't even thinly hidden.

8 minutes ago, woodview said:

Jeez if people think the BBC is biased against Labour, they are living in cuckoo land. Also their bias against brexit isn't even thinly hidden.

I think the BBC is biased against Labour, if it wasn't you wouldn't have posted!

19 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I think the BBC is biased against Labour, if it wasn't you wouldn't have posted!

Why wouldn't I?

1 hour ago, woodview said:

The BBC has always been pro Conservative and pro Royal since its inception in 1922, therefore by definition is biased against Labour.

And I think that you are confusing reporting of that unholy mess that is Brexit as being anti Brexit.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The BBC has always been pro Conservative and pro Royal since its inception in 1922, therefore by definition is biased against Labour.

And I think that you are confusing reporting of that unholy mess that is Brexit as being anti Brexit.

Rubbish. No way are BBC pro Tory.

I don't have any allegiance to any party, at the moment I couldn't see myself voting for any of them. As an impartial viewer from a party perspective, it just isn't true.

In terms of brexit bias, the beeb has been pro remain from prior to the referendum.

20 minutes ago, woodview said:

In terms of brexit bias, the beeb has been pro remain from prior to the referendum.

Which presumably is why it was criticised for repeatedly reporting proven lies as facts and repeatedly failing to challenge Brexit supporting politicians who lied in interviews?

28 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why deny that the beeb isn't leaning to the left? its full of them. One ex newsman said if he wanted an outline on a story the editor would throw him the independent and say its in there. Its not just the beeb, c4 is as bad if not worse. The thing is that both are supposed to be neutral but are not.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Which presumably is why it was criticised for repeatedly reporting proven lies as facts and repeatedly failing to challenge Brexit supporting politicians who lied in interviews?

It is a fact that on interviews the remain guests outweigh the leavers by quite a bit. Some body needs to get a life , who would keep count?

18 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

It is a fact that on interviews the remain guests outweigh the leavers by quite a bit. Some body needs to get a life , who would keep count?

I very much doubt that. 

Politics Live and Question Time always has two Brexiters and two remainers on the programme which is actually biased against remain as remain has greater support in the country.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I very much doubt that. 

Politics Live and Question Time always has two Brexiters and two remainers on the programme which is actually biased against remain as remain has greater support in the country.

Surely they should have 52% Brexiters and 48% remainers? After all, that is the most complete picture of public opinion there is.

Being biased yourself is making you ignore actual facts. The beeb has had complaints because of anti Brexit bias. There is plenty of evidence on the net, Liam Fox for example wrote to beeb  about it. Have a look yourself then you could stop with the duff information.