The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

as i said, he did offer to help, but she was too pig headed to accept the offer.. no Woodview, this is her mess to sort out, have you also noticed other parties are now refusing to help her? funny that

Cool, leave her too it then, and when we crash out, we can sit satisfied it was all her fault.

As long as we've got somebody else to blame it will all be ok.

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

as i said, he did offer to help, but she was too pig headed to accept the offer.. no Woodview, this is her mess to sort out, have you also noticed other parties are now refusing to help her? funny that

not completely true

The Lib Dems, the SNP and Plaid Cymru all spoke with Mrs May on Wednesday.

The SNP's Westminster leader, Ian Blackford, said that the extension of Article 50, the ruling out of a no-deal Brexit, and the option of a second EU referendum would have to form the basis of future discussions.

Plaid Cymru's Westminster leader, Liz Saville Roberts, said they were "committed to finding a real solution" but "that means taking a no deal Brexit off the table and a People's Vote on our European future".

Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable said he was encouraged by Mrs May's "willingness to talk about these issues in detail". The preferred choice of the party is another referendum.

But there remains deep division among Mrs May's own MPs - including within her cabinet - about possible compromises, such as the option of staying in a customs union.

from todays article on the subject

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46901217

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The Lib Dems, the SNP and Plaid Cymru all spoke with Mrs May on Wednesday.

The SNP's Westminster leader, Ian Blackford, said that the extension of Article 50, the ruling out of a no-deal Brexit, and the option of a second EU referendum would have to form the basis of future discussions.

Plaid Cymru's Westminster leader, Liz Saville Roberts, said they were "committed to finding a real solution" but "that means taking a no deal Brexit off the table and a People's Vote on our European future".

Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable said he was encouraged by Mrs May's "willingness to talk about these issues in detail". The preferred choice of the party is another referendum.

But there remains deep division among Mrs May's own MPs - including within her cabinet - about possible compromises, such as the option of staying in a customs union.

We're doomed then.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

at the very start he offered to enter into a joint negotiation with her and she refused, she thought she knew it all, she actually believed all her own spin, why would Corbyn want to help now? she has dug herself into a huge hole, its down to her now, its her problem, of course he should keep away'

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

May should have asked the other parties from the beginning that's true. Politicians are elected to serve the country and their constituents. If they can't and won't do this just resign . And any politicians  who refuses to help when a national crisis is happening are nothing short of shameful.

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

Edited by hobinfoot

Agree with others Corbyn should have agreed to talks with May, if he can not even discuss it with her then he has the issue and I think many others  will share the view that he has put himself and his party above the greater good of the country.

Yea he should man up and go along, I think he was still hurting from losing the no confidence vote.

Most other parties are at least pushing to take no deal off the table, the Torys are in such disarray they can't decide what the hell they want.

1 hour ago, Fudbeer said:

Agree with others Corbyn should have agreed to talks with May, if he can not even discuss it with her then he has the issue and I think many others  will share the view that he has put himself and his party above the greater good of the country.

I agree, I've not been at all impressed with anything he's said lately. 

It's a pity someone like Hilary Benn isn't the leader of the Labour Party, because in my opinion his speeches before and after the referendum  had all the right answers. Only for some reason he never seems to get much media coverage. 

Edited by janie48

Corbyn, prepared to talk to the IRA and Hamas, seemingly without preconditions, but not willing to talk to the democratically elected Prime Minister of the UK. That just about says it all in terms of his suitability to lead our country.

Edited by WiseOwl182

45 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Corbyn, prepared to talk to the IRA and Hamas, seemingly without preconditions, but not willing to talk to the democratically elected Prime Minister of the UK. That just about says it all in terms of his suitability to lead our country.

It is quite interesting reading this now in light of his recent comments..

https://www.channel4.com/news/jeremy-corbyn-i-wanted-hamas-to-be-part-of-the-debate

..."you have to talk to people with whom you may profoundly disagree." What conditions did he set for Hamas to be invited to these talks I wonder? That they would stop killing innocent people perhaps? I don't think he proposed such a condition...

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

As Corbyn has never talked to either the IRA or Hamas, whether he asked for preconditions or not is pretty irrelevant! 😂😅😂

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As Corbyn has never talked to either the IRA or Hamas, whether he asked for preconditions or not is pretty irrelevant! 😂😅😂

Azzam Tamimi is on the Hamas executive committee isn't he? 

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not irrelevant at all. I said "prepared to". Why is he not also prepared to talk to our own PM during one of the biggest crises we've faced since WW2? What happened to the new, kinder politics? Does he not like talking to a 'stupid' wom...  sorry, 'stupid' people?

Edited by WiseOwl182