The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

He was facing deselection by his local party - they are two very different things. We will find out who is right at the next general election.

this sounds about right to me...

MP Frank Field told to fight by-election after resigning Labour whip

Labour frontbencher Richard Burgon called on Mr Field to do “the right and respectful thing”

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/national/article/MP-Frank-Field-told-to-fight-by-election-after-resigning-Labour-whip-2b542377-2950-42c0-9e7e-07e268c971f5-ds

let him put his money where is mouth is...

---------- Post added 30-08-2018 at 22:58 ----------

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Anyone who dosent slavishly follow St Jeremy is Torylite or a Red Tory

---------- Post added 30-08-2018 at 20:33 ----------

No he wasn't facing deselection by his constituents

Veteran Labour MP Frank Field has quit the party's group in Parliament, saying the leadership is becoming "a force for anti-Semitism in British politics".

The Birkenhead MP also blamed a "culture of intolerance, nastiness and intimidation" in local parties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45359009

A month ago he lost a confidence vote in his constituency party, after siding with the government in Brexit votes.

this sounds about right to me...

MP Frank Field told to fight by-election after resigning Labour whip

Labour frontbencher Richard Burgon called on Mr Field to do “the right and respectful thing”

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/national/article/MP-Frank-Field-told-to-fight-by-election-after-resigning-Labour-whip-2b542377-2950-42c0-9e7e-07e268c971f5-ds

let him put his money where is mouth is...

Would that be right for Jared Omara or is it just for a chosen few ? Hypocrites

Would that be right for Jared Omara or is it just for a chosen few ? Hypocrites

what are you talking about now, please try and explain yourself

Isn't it obvious?

He is asking whether you think Jarad O'Mara should also have fought a by-election when he resigned the whip?

Stop being coy . First he was facing deselection by his constituents , then he was facing deselection by his local party , different things as you know . Then Frank field is called out to do the honourable thing and force a by election which you support . Have you called out Jared Omara to do the honourable thing ? if not why not ?

Isn't it obvious?

He is asking whether you think Jarad O'Mara should also have fought a by-election when he resigned the whip?

i wouldnt be asking if it was....

he resigned the whip? i thought he was suspended and then reinstated, i wasnt aware he resigned a whip (whatever that means)

Isn't it obvious?

Its perfectly clear ,one rule for one another rule for another

Stop being coy . First he was facing deselection by his constituents , then he was facing deselection by his local party , different things as you know . Then Frank field is called out to do the honourable thing and force a by election which you support . Have you called out Jared Omara to do the honourable thing ? if not why not ?

you never make sense to me mate,

Its perfectly clear ,one rule for one another rule for another

why is that?

i wouldnt be asking if it was....

he resigned the whip? i thought he was suspended and then reinstated, i wasnt aware he resigned a whip (whatever that means)

No he quit the Labour party in July. He is still MP for Hallam, but as an independent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44816015

No he quit the Labour party in July. He is still MP for Hallam, but as an independent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-44816015

Thanks for that Robin, i didnt know that, yeah, he should stand for re selection, he won the seat under a labour banner, and he is not now representing labour, sounds only fair to me